Sore eyes after day of sailing.

Nov 6, 2020
Mariner 36 California
Hi,

I wear contact lenses. After a day sailing in decent wind my eyes are very dry. I think it's the constant wind that is drying. I have the problem in day and night sailing, so i think the wind is the issue and not sun or glare.

My bigger issue that when we do distance races, my role is the mainsail trimmer. I get a stiff neck from constantly looking up at the windex and sail.

Barry
Interesting thanks. WileyX has a series of glasses that have a rubber seal built into them. They promise to block out more of the elements including wind, and are polorized. Think i might try a pair and see how much they help. My current glasses wrap around some and have decent side protection from sun and wind, but there is a gap between the glasses and my face at the bottom where i can definitely feel wind coming in between the glasses and my eyes sometimes.

LloydB

Jan 15, 2006
Macgregor 22 Silverton
Just a thought.. If you happen to have a set of ski goggles you might try them on as an experiment. Was reluctant to make the suggestion because it's a ice water type of solution and have no idea if it would help.