Sole TV Replacement - Hunter 49/50

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Did your screws/bolts go all the way through the bulkhead into the toilet side
Bolts that came with the swivel mount. They were long enough to go thru the bulk head and the Teak back up plate.:cool:

Jim...

Oct 15, 2023
Hunter 49 Gosport
I bought a full swivel mount designed for RV's that would lock in place when not in use for travelling.
I'm good with TV mounts. I just wondered how thick the bulkhead is, as might not be able to get to the rear. Just depends on where the mount needs to go based on the TV size. Will do some more investigation but I would have thought it must be at least 1/2 inch/12mm marine ply.

• Helpful
Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
I bought a full swivel mount designed for RV's that would lock in place when not in use for travelling.
My original tv had a mount
It served no purpose other than to push the tv further away from the bulkhead
There is no optical disadvantage to mounting it flat. Wherever I am in the main Salon, I can see it perfectly
The bulkhead is massively strong enough to support the weight of the Tv
It makes no difference if you are bolting it directly to the bulkhead, or on a mount. Both are supported by the bulkhead

The reason I went with mounting studs is very simple. It literally takes 2 minutes to mount it, with no fussing around.

As far as using the Bose system, this is easy.
You may consider getting a separate $75 blu ray player however, and using tfe lifestyle audio

Oct 15, 2023
Hunter 49 Gosport
My original tv had a mount
It served no purpose other than to push the tv further away from the bulkhead
There is no optical disadvantage to mounting it flat. Wherever I am in the main Salon, I can see it perfectly
The bulkhead is massively strong enough to support the weight of the Tv
It makes no difference if you are bolting it directly to the bulkhead, or on a mount. Both are supported by the bulkhead

The reason I went with mounting studs is very simple. It literally takes 2 minutes to mount it, with no fussing around.

As far as using the Bose system, this is easy.
You may consider getting a separate $75 blu ray player however, and using tfe lifestyle audio
Not too bothered about the bose system and I've never been a big fan of their custom wiring from the sub-woofer. Just becomes a paper weight once tech moves on. Got no issue with using a mount or going directly though the bulkhead - was just more concerned with access to the rear if the bracket is towards the middle as I imagine (guessing) that is right where the divider is between cupboard and bathroom.

I'll post my findings soon :)

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
I have a Blue Tooth connected sound system on our 8 pairs of Stereo Speakers.
Each Pair has a Volume Control.

We use the Auxiliary Input on our Stereo System to plug in a Blue Tooth adapter.

Guest Cabin
Main Saloon
Captains Cabin
Cockpit

Jim....

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
Just my opinikn

The Bose lifestyle system on the 49 gives amazing sound.
What I did was run the audio out on my tv to the Aux in on the Bose.
If you want to start getting into using the ARC on the HDMI, the Bose won’t play well with this.
If you’re going to use separate powered speakers on BT, that’s an option
Not sure how you’re getting different BT receivers to play with one source. But, it’s clearly working for you

In my cockpit I have a 200w Fusion system with box speakers under the seats
This can be run independently, or with the Bose

it all runs from Spotify from the onboard router. Makes it simple

Jun 15, 2012
BAVARIA C57 Greenport, NY
Although I no longer own a Hunter 50, I remember installing a new TV and hooking it up to the Bose lifestyle. I believe I used a long optical cable going from the TV, down the removable wall panel in the master stateroom under the floor and up to the Bose unit. The issue today is, I don't think many new TV's have an optical audio output.