So sailboat owners is just another cancel culture forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2020
Catalina 27 Eureka
So sailboat owners is just another cancel culture forum, I posted a question one how to upload more than one photo in a listing, got insulted by a moderator and or users then after replying there insulting post the whole thread was removed to save face. Disgusting!! Well see ya I don’t need this crap the same behavior you find on facbook

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
For the record, you basically accused SBO and it's staff of being extortionists.

You reap what you sow.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Before any thing else happens, tell me where you posted and what was the title of the post.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
I posted a question one how to upload more than one photo in a listing, got insulted by a moderator and or users then after replying there insulting post the whole thread was removed to save face.

Don't get no respect, ya know ? No respect at all.

1. “Boy what a hotel that was. Why, they stole my towel!” – Rodney Dangerfield

2. “For two hours, some guy followed me around with a pooper scooper.” – Rodney Dangerfield

3. “I came from a real tough neighborhood. On my street, the kids take hubcaps … from moving cars.” – Rodney Dangerfield

4. “I could tell my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.” – Rodney Dangerfield

5. “I have good looking kids. Thank goodness my wife cheats on me.” – Rodney Dangerfield

6. “I have nothing but troubles with my car. Every Sunday I take my family out for a push.” – Rodney Dangerfield

7. “I haven’t spoken to my wife in years. I didn’t want to interrupt her.” – Rodney Dangerfield

8. “I looked up my family tree and found out I was the sap.” – Rodney Dangerfield

9. “I remember the time I was kidnapped and they sent a piece of my finger to my father. He said he wanted more proof.” – Rodney Dangerfield

10. “I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous. Everyone hasn’t met me yet.” – Rodney Dangerfield

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
I've been apprised of the situation. Carry on! Everyone else, splice the main brace.

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Since my wife works so much and I seem to spend more time here or working onnthe boat... I think I can add incel to that list...:poke:

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
Don't get no respect, ya know ? No respect at all.

1. “Boy what a hotel that was. Why, they stole my towel!” – Rodney Dangerfield

2. “For two hours, some guy followed me around with a pooper scooper.” – Rodney Dangerfield

3. “I came from a real tough neighborhood. On my street, the kids take hubcaps … from moving cars.” – Rodney Dangerfield

4. “I could tell my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.” – Rodney Dangerfield

5. “I have good looking kids. Thank goodness my wife cheats on me.” – Rodney Dangerfield

6. “I have nothing but troubles with my car. Every Sunday I take my family out for a push.” – Rodney Dangerfield

7. “I haven’t spoken to my wife in years. I didn’t want to interrupt her.” – Rodney Dangerfield

8. “I looked up my family tree and found out I was the sap.” – Rodney Dangerfield

9. “I remember the time I was kidnapped and they sent a piece of my finger to my father. He said he wanted more proof.” – Rodney Dangerfield

10. “I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous. Everyone hasn’t met me yet.” – Rodney Dangerfield
@Ralph Johnstone I used to love listening to Rodney Dangerfield's I get no respect jokes. Some were so good! Nice list above....

@WABI-SABI - I read the post you apparently thought was so offensive. It was not my interpretation at all. But I guess not everything is for everyone...

In all honesty, I've found SBO to be one of the best on-line forums anywhere - in any subject. And I've been involved in on-line forums for a long, long time...

dj

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Hmm... Wabi-Sabi's profile isn't available any more.

I also read the posts this morning. It is really in poor form to enter a business that has very reasonable prices and complain about the cost of adding a photo to an add and do so in some what pejorative terms. Basically he accused SBO of being extortionists. To do that and then expect to be treated like royalty is a lot unrealistic. I also thought Phil's response was appropriate, on point, a tad cynical, and humorous. And he was in even better form this afternoon.

Let W-S Rest In Peace.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
That's because those folks think everything should be free.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Is that a California picture Stu? Can’t be snow in Maple Bay.
Nice catch, Michael. This was Aquavite's first snowfall, still had her CA stickers on before we both became permanent residents. Plenty more snowflake photos in subsequent years, but "The First" in any girl's life is a big one. WAIT: at least so I'm told. What would I know...:banghead: :):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.