Skins and trim, screwed and glued?

Jul 18, 2017
Catalina 30 South Freeport
Quick one for you guys before I go destroying anything this weekend. ...
Anyone know if the teak plywood skin attached with screws and finish washers around the perimeter is also glued? I am talking about the section in the aft berth, nearest the steering.
I am stripping the boat of anything not glued to de-mold and refinish this winter.
On a side note. Looks like PMR 86 is the cleaner I will be using for anything glass... a test tonight was AMAZING!

Any other trim with exposed fasteners also glued that you know of?

1985 c30

Thanks!

Jan 18, 2016
Catalina 387 Dana Point
Any wood trim or panels you find with finishing washers is typically only screwed in. (At least in 1980, the year of my boat). That rear panel may be a structural bulkhead and it may also be glued. (If we're talking about the panel that separates the quarter-berth from the lazerette. On mine, there's a removable panel to access the steering quadrant. The 'main' pc of ply is not removable by just screws (on my boat). The panel from the quarter-berth into the sail locker is just screwed in.

If you're talking about the strips that trim the hull-deck joint, they're just screws all the way around.

Jun 5, 2012
Catalina 30 mkI Victoria, British Columbia
I pulled the screws off mine a few years back and it wouldn't come off, so mine is definitely glued. In fact... I never got around to re-installing the screws...

Jul 18, 2017
Catalina 30 South Freeport
I have my screws now in a bucket... I should put them back and learn from you on that one!