Single handing

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Now now children. Some use mineral oil, silicon, Plummer’s putty and even tar on one boat. The tar did work but I would not suggest that crap. As for epoxy it is not recommended in the event if have to remove that transducer.

Remember, we are not the SWAMP BUT SAILORS who should raise our hands with an alcoholic glass of Grog telling each other fish stories. How do you catch a 20 pound stripper (fish duh) without bait, tackle, boats of any kind, explosives, spear, net, human contact, etc? True story

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Could not help myself trying to be funny. On the serious side I am praying for Mainsail’s recovery. Just saw report of other heart issues now on me. See ya

Sep 21, 2020
Hunter 26 Lake Mead
Here is an inexpensive tiller trick I used on my newport 30. Tie a line off on the port side rail, put about 4 wraps around the front of the tiller then attach snugly on the stbd side rail. This wil hold the tiller in place. To make fine adjustments, simply twist the wraps. If you need to make a rapid adjustment simply slip the wraps off the front of the tiller.

Sep 21, 2020
Hunter 26 Lake Mead
Now now children. Some use mineral oil, silicon, Plummer’s putty and even tar on one boat. The tar did work but I would not suggest that crap. As for epoxy it is not recommended in the event if have to remove that transducer.

Remember, we are not the SWAMP BUT SAILORS who should raise our hands with an alcoholic glass of Grog telling each other fish stories. How do you catch a 20 pound stripper (fish duh) without bait, tackle, boats of any kind, explosives, spear, net, human contact, etc? True story
@CrazyDave - You said 'stripper' but I think you meant 'striper'. I'm in Vegas and all of our strippers weigh more than 20 pounds. :)

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
@CrazyDave - You said 'stripper' but I think you meant 'striper'. I'm in Vegas and all of our strippers weigh more than 20 pounds. :)
Knowing Dave is crazy, he may have meant either one or both.

What's the biggest stripper you've caught, capt'n? What's the Vegas record? :poke:

-Will

Nov 1, 2021
Hunter 19-2 Ashland WI
Here I am again, with a seemingly trite question. Where do you store your boat hook so it is handy when needed. In my MC, I stored it under the gunwales. My Hunter has a different style of cockpit configuration. (Possibly on the life line stanchions?)
Thanks
Ric

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Where do you store your boat hook so it is handy when needed. In my MC, I stored it under the gunwales. My Hunter has a different style of cockpit configuration. (Possibly on the life line stanchions?)
I'm unfamiliar with the Hunter cockpit, but the stanchions seem like a fine place. Possibly clipped to the cabin ceiling just withing reach of the companionway or a collapsible one, opened and stuck in a rod holder, when you're coming into the marina.

-Will

Jun 12, 2021
Hunter 240 Aqualand Marina, Lake Lanier
Here I am again, with a seemingly trite question. Where do you store your boat hook so it is handy when needed. In my MC, I stored it under the gunwales. My Hunter has a different style of cockpit configuration. (Possibly on the life line stanchions?)
Thanks
Ric
I have a telescoping one I bought from West. It fits across my stern. i have a hunter 240.

Attachments

Nov 1, 2021
Hunter 19-2 Ashland WI
Thank You both for your answers!!!! I also have a telescoping from West Marine. I will try across the stern. I also like to attachment to the cabin ceiling.
Is there any tradition on where one put the name of their boat? I have seen it either on the chine, amidship or near the stern, or written across the transom. Is there any significance to is location?

Jun 12, 2021
Hunter 240 Aqualand Marina, Lake Lanier
Thank You both for your answers!!!! I also have a telescoping from West Marine. I will try across the stern. I also like to attachment to the cabin ceiling.
Is there any tradition on where one put the name of their boat? I have seen it either on the chine, amidship or near the stern, or written across the transom. Is there any significance to is location?
I have mine on the stern an plan to to also put in on the side.

Attachments

Nov 1, 2021
Hunter 19-2 Ashland WI
When you sail, do you take along an area chart or do you use an app on your phone or some other device? I have seen people up here use both. I also have been advised never to use either one without a depth gage onboard and a compass.
The other item I have to purchase is a hand held radio. I am looking at one from West Marine, the one that floats, yellow in color. What type or kind of radio do you use?
Ric