Show us your spinnaker

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Nothing better than to steal another boat's wind, and catch 'em. Doing it with a beer in one hand and an all-girl crew, priceless!

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Nothing better than to steal another boat's wind, and catch 'em. Doing it with a beer in one hand and an all-girl crew, priceless!
Yea tons of fun. They're all good friends, and good sailors. Nice way to spend a day!

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
Not a Spinnakerbut very colorfully and got lots of attention today. I noticed a rip in it also and advice on a repair, it is in the upper red section middle.
20180616_112949.jpg

JerryA

Oct 17, 2004
Tanzer 29 Jeanneau Design Sandusky Bay, Lake Erie
Here's one of my boat, before it was my boat. And one of me trying to fly it. :)
JerryA
4493530_20131101125457336_3_XLARGE.jpg
IMG_20150807_082403015.jpg

JerryA

Oct 17, 2004
Tanzer 29 Jeanneau Design Sandusky Bay, Lake Erie
Here's one of my Precision 23 back in 2010. First time I flew a spinnaker. I was so impressed that it wasn't wrapped up around something that I had to snap a picture to prove I'd done it. :) Single handed too! The spinnaker was from a J24.

JerryA
PIB-Spinnaker 003.JPG

Jan 3, 2015
Jeanneau SO 40.3 Sausalito
I have 4 spinnakers - 3 symmetric and a cruising asymmetric. Used all 4 on the SF-Oahu Pacific Cup race in 2018. Here's the big kite (1.5 oz 1100 sf) as we crossed the finish line in Kaneohe Bay (eastern side of Oahu).
2005 Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 40.3. We ran twin spinnaker poles which added rigging but really simplified jibes.

Attachments

Oct 27, 2018
Catalina 30 San Francisco
First time using a gifted ATN snuffer/sock. Lucky enough to use it from outside the Golden Gate Bridge to Treasure Island on this day!
My somewhat novice, yet INCREDIBLY skilled helmsman, Michael was at the helm while I left the boat to go and snap some pics and video.

Attachments

• Ha
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Garester... Nice image. The crew aboard Irish Lady II look very relax with the Skipper off the boat in a dinghy... You sure there wasn't a mutiny?

Oct 27, 2018
Catalina 30 San Francisco
Garester... Nice image. The crew aboard Irish Lady II look very relax with the Skipper off the boat in a dinghy... You sure there wasn't a mutiny?
Thank you jssailem. They were very relaxed. My crew(s) are usually VERY relaxed. Even the day the forestay broke and the furler and my brand new, customized (and very expensive) jib came down and went in the water. They were all busy taking selfies and posting them to realize we were experiencing a catastrophic failure with VERY dire possibilities. But, I got it back on board and flying like a kite with a 43' aluminum rod through the middle and 40-50 mph winds. I don't even think they noticed. Lucky for me the mast didn't come down.
I've only flown the spinnaker a few times. Michael had only been sailing for about six months at this point, so he was relatively new but really has a knack for handling the helm.
I honestly don't know how we managed ANY of this...I know flying the spinnaker takes skill and finesse, and honestly, we used very little of either. It just kinda happened. I don't think anybody was even paying attention. I got truly lucky this day. Michael's part was skill.
Mutiny...LOL...I would never stand for a mutiny! ;-)