Show us your spinnaker

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Finally my spinnaker arrived for Hadley.
Here she is. Expecting to put her to good use the rest of this years sailing season.

IMG_0685.jpeg

Also found a picture of the spinnaker on a sprit I designed for my former boat. A Montgomery 15.
First sail 2.jpeg

She was a great trailer boat. We enjoyed many of the bays, lakes and rivers here in the Pacific NW.

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
Finally my spinnaker arrived for Hadley.
Here she is. Expecting to put her to good use the rest of this years sailing season.

View attachment 217690

Also found a picture of the spinnaker on a sprit I designed for my former boat. A Montgomery 15.
View attachment 217689
She was a great trailer boat. We enjoyed many of the bays, lakes and rivers here in the Pacific NW.
Does this mean that Hadley has been outside the marina?!?!?

Apr 5, 2009
I am hopefully heading your way in a couple of days if you are out and about.

PaulK

Dec 1, 2009
Sabre 402 Southport, CT
Not us, but got this picture after the Wednesday night race last week. J/109 Mistral is sailing in and has to do a U-turn to get to her mooring at the head of the second line of moored boats. (Out of the picture frame.) Having to pick up both bow and stern mooring lines allows observers on the upper deck of the clubhouse to provide commentary and pithy critique of boat handling.
64699219-1C2E-461B-87E6-128025E12CCF.jpeg

Apr 5, 2009
I have posted my favorite picture before on this thread but what the heck! I still think it is the prettiest sail I have ever seen from Papillon's deck.
RYI, my wife made this sail for my birthday about 12-years ago and it still looks this good.
Star of Papillon (2).jpg

PaulK

Dec 1, 2009
Sabre 402 Southport, CT
I have posted my favorite picture before on this thread but what the heck! I still think it is the prettiest sail I have ever seen from Papillon's deck.
RYI, my wife made this sail for my birthday about 12-years ago and it still looks this good.
View attachment 217710
It does look really good. You only fly it on your birthdays?

Apr 5, 2009
It does look really good. You only fly it on your birthdays?
Oh certainly not. I fly it every time I get a chance. I am leaving for a 2-week solo cruise on Wednesday and each days destination will be desided when I raise the anchor based on the wind. My preference will be to keep the wind between 90º and 180º :beer: When cruising, I often raise only the spinnaker and leave the main on the boom so that I can also enjoy the beauty.

Aug 15, 2011
Hunter 45 Legend Holland
I love entertaining the beach watchers and shooting down the channel
big red boat.jpg
at 8 knots. But sometimes the crew gets excited

robbjd

Nov 17, 2020
Catalina 34Mk II 1344 Sarnia
Thanks for starting this thread! Reminded me to call our local sail maker to see if our asym is repaired!

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
IMG_0141.jpeg

We flew this new to us re-cut gennaker for the first time ever today. Originally built for a 350 IPY and generously gifted to us by a very good friend who no longer needed it. North West Sails (Vancouver) did an excellent job in the pattern match.The crew seemed happy that we didn’t die today as she thought we would. So I assume there will be another hoisting when the opportunity arises.

Aug 4, 2023
Bavaria 37Cruiser Glenelg
This is the Spinnaker I have designed and fitted to Oracle it is 90 square meters of fun and adventure ! That is me up the mast with a router and 3D printed clamp on template to cut apertures in the mast for the halyard and pole up haul , it is asymmetric but we have a whisper pole that we use on the kite as well as the jib, last week I added a top down furler with any luck next week we can run up the gulf and take some photos to share :)