SHOULD I sail this season?

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
dave,i enjoy christian's videos very much as well. thanks for posting

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
I thought I would take a moment and thank everyone for sharing their viewpoints as it has helped me reach a decision on whether I SHOULD sail this season.

I would also like to apologize if I added to anyone’s stress level, what started as a simple philosophical musing on my part seems to have caused a bit of a stir.

I think the last time humanity was this “globally” affected was WWII which ended about 75 years ago. I have recollections of my parents and grandparents describing what that time was like for them. The overarching message was that as bad as things were the majority of the population felt a sense of duty and pride in doing what they could to help others. I believe this was likely true for both sides of the conflict so in other words it was a “global” sentiment.

In this “war” the other “side“ doesn’t have any emotion, need for rest, is invisible and has the ability to multiply itself endlessly so it seems logical to me that collectively we should do anything and everything we can to fight it.

When @jon hansen who is known to most of us as a “spit in the eye of the storm” career mariner says he’s not going out it certainly got my attention ;)

So I’ve decided that I shouldn’t or at least not until we get on the other side of this, whenever that may be.

Take care or yourselves and those around you.