Sheet problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tim

I'm having a main sheet problem on my 88 Cat 30. I have a Harkin main sheet set up where there is a double bullet block with becket at the top (off the boom) and a triple bullet block with becket and cam at the bottom (attached to traveler). The problem is that the sheet twists over time. At present it is run through the triple first and then up to the double and so on. I can re-rig it to take the twists out but after a few days it starts to twist agian. I may be running it through the blocks in the wrong order. Any ideas or does anyone know the correct running sequence?

G

Gordon S.

Here's the fix

I had this problem on my '88 C27. Got tired of untwisting the sheet. The solution is to lock the sheet blocks so they can't rotate. Examine your blocks. They probably have small set screws up near the swivel. If you screw them in, the block can't twist. They are designed with this feature. You don't have to lock them all. Experiment. The correct reeving sequence should be in your boat's manual.

M

marshall turner

twisted sheet

had the same problem and did the following which worked perfectly... put sheets in open style laundry bag and put in agitating washing machine in luke warm water. can't believe how well it worked.!

Status
Not open for further replies.