• On September 1st, Maine Sail suffered a major hemorrhagic stroke. One of the most generous members of our sailing community, he has helped thousands. Now it's our turn. Click here to learn more

Searching for my 40 O'Day stolen from Sandusky Harbor Marina

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Greenport, NY
I guess you could make a getaway on the James River but any law enforcement with so much as an RIB could easily thwart it. Richmond CA makes more sense but still it was a pooched caper.
The trip to Harvard looks worse from the left coast. Is there a Harvard - London out there somewhere?
Early AM boarding of a boat? I knew a guy who did that regularly to save him the DWI from trying to drive home from a bar near a boatyard.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
West Marine Kayak Tampa Bay
Early AM boarding of a boat? I knew a guy who did that regularly to save him the DWI from trying to drive home from a bar near a boatyard.
When I was a young teen, a family friend was an attorney in our city. He lived far enough out of the city that he had horses, and would ride a horse to his local bar. The horse knew the way home, so the guy had no worries about arriving safely, regardless of his condition.