• Mobile App For Android Now Online!

Download it here. The app is searchable in the Google Play Store under Sailboat Owners.

Sorry iPhone/iPad users, we are still waiting on Apple. :(

Click the X in the upper right corner to make this go away

Sabre 36 Survey & General Info?

Feb 4, 2020
Sabre Sabre 36 Southern Chesapeake Bay
Hello Everyone,

I am hopefully soon to be the owner of a 1985 Sabre 36 center board. My primary question is if there is anything in particular I should keep an extra sharp eye out for on the survey? Any known issues with Sabre 36s in general, the center board in particular, the earlier models, etc.? The boat seems to be in very good condition overall and well kept, but obviously the survey will hopefully reveal any issues.

Any other general info, advice, or wisdom is also appreciated.

I am going to join some of the other Sabre forums out there, so you may see this post repeated elsewhere.

THANKS!!!

SwS

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
I understand these were well made sailboats. A good surveyor, who is familiar with Sabre's will identify any issues.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Greenport, NY
A friend has a Tartan 37 centerboard and I would say the centerboard has been a problem for the last ten years. It is great for upwind sailing when you need to go upwind but he keeps it up more often than not. The raising and lowering pennent has had maintenance issues. There were times when the board has been stuck up, - better than stuck down. It just seems whenever we meet he's got something to say about it. Be berwy berwy careful.