S2 27 #50 goes back in the water

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobT

Sep 29, 2008
Gulfstar 37 North East River, Chesapeake Bay
Thanks!
Besides the speed through Land, Air & Water, there is that other medium: Cash!

Dec 6, 2005
S2 8.0 c Chesapeake City, MD
BobT- I was down Two Rivers Sunday. I tried to look you up but didn't see anybody around. Didn't spot your S2 either. Maybe next time.

John-S28.0(c)

BobT

Sep 29, 2008
Hauled for the Season

Hi John, I had them haul her out on the 12th. I knew the next two weekends I'd be out of town, so it's just work visits now. By spring I'll have her clean and shiny again. One problem with late hauling in a smaller yard... almost 200 feet to electricity and no frost free hose connections.

BobT

Sep 29, 2008
A hole in the cabin top, what was it?

Welcome 2009 and thanks for all the info!

Next issue: There are two holes in the cabin sides. about 5/16" diameter and they've been there for a long time from the looks of them. Their location is matched port and starboard. I am real worried about core issues here. They are not random damage, appear to be drilled in level, but are behind the grab rail. The photo is taken from above. I've taped them over. I don't really want to rip out the liner and cut in to investigate. They are just forward of the vents. Any ideas?

Attachments

Mar 8, 2008
S2 30 9.2A Jax
Re: A hole in the cabin top, what was it?

Those holes are the drains for your dorade vents. The S2 did not use the traditional boxes, but instead internally ran the drain within the cabin house. If you had a cowl vent instead of the solar vent, rain and spray would enter the cowl but would be funneled out of those holes instead of entering the cabin. You should have one or two holes (depending on design) port and starboard side (like you said), assuming the 27 had two cowl vents originally. Providing they have not been modified or damaged, there will should be no issue to the core material.

Rick

BobT

Sep 29, 2008
Vent Drains

Well, that's good news! Thanks for the reply.
I'm still a little worried in that the holes aren't lined with a tube or sleeve. It seems that there's more space behind the fiberglass than I'd like to see in that application... The Nicro vents are cruddy enough that I need to take them off to thoroughly clean them, so I'll get a better look at the system then.

Status
Not open for further replies.