S2 11.0a owners - dodger-bimini-boom-mainsheet solutions

Aug 3, 2019
S2 11.0a Duncan Bay, Lake Huron
Hello all,

I am potentially joining the group of 11.0a owners (in West Michigan). I have a question about a bimini. The boat I am looking at has a bimini, but when I stand at the helm I can not stand up fully, and I am only about 6'1". Have others figured out how to get sanding room under a bimini, yet tie into the dodger and fit under the boom? I am wondering about a bimini that rises aft of the boom, with maybe an isinglass window in that rise?

I'm also curious how you deal with the mainsheet - assume you can use a piece of canvas that can be removed to allow the mainsheet/traveler to do its thing.

Thanks!
Matt

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
The previous owner of our boat moved the traveler to the cabin top and kept it aft as much as possible and still accommodated the dodger. There is a stainless steel frame aft of the helm mounted on the cockpit sides (aft of winchs) that has a bimini rolled up on it. Unroll it and it zips to dodger. It can accommodate sides if desired in the future. It does not have clear in it and I’ve thought about it. I can get some pics in a day or two..

Aug 3, 2019
S2 11.0a Duncan Bay, Lake Huron
Mark,

Thanks very much for that information and the pictures! I was wondering about moving the traveler up there. Can you tell me how the cabin top is reinforced underneath? Did the PO add a plate or some way to distribute the load?

Matt