Rustoleum

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Have always had good results with Rustoleum brand paints. No experience with Topside, but used their [rattle can (Les Troyer term)] exterior plastic paint when I repaired our cockpit sound box several years ago. Paint has held up well.

Dec 11, 2015
Hunter 25 Plymouth
I've been disappointed with my present paint as it left brush strokes and started drying within a minute or so behind my application even after thinning it out. Almost all the reviews I see of Rustoleum are 5 star.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Has anyone used Rustoleum Topside paint and if so, good/bad/best way to apply etc.?
I am a big user of Rustoleum products.

The brown bottom of this boat is rustoleum...
0625101711b(2).jpg

0615111826b.jpg

and the red paint on the bottom of this boat is also rustoleum.
NewPaint_front.jpg

What I really like about rustoleum is you can always find an exact color match years later when you need to touch things up.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
I've been disappointed with my present paint as it left brush strokes and started drying within a minute or so
That is what I really like about Rustoleum spray paints for small projects. No brush strokes, smooth finish, very good adhesion and durable.

Aug 28, 2006
Bavaria 35E seattle
I used it for re-painting the faded gunnel stripe on my 27 foot O'Day. I was pleased with the vividness of color and ease of application using the roll and tip method. 2 coats and it looked great. It held up very well until I sold the boat. I would definitely use it again.

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
What I like best about Rustoleum is that little half pint cans are easily available for small projects and touch up although not sure the topside paint comes smaller than a quart.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Application was easy and has held up great, albeit it is the interior.
Nice Results!
I have been contemplating using rustoleum plastic paint vs a two part epoxy topside paint for painting some trim on an acrylic skylight on deck. I don't have a clue as what was originally used. Will definitely need something tough that will expand & contract with direct sunlight exposure. Don't want the paint to peel or crack. It would certainly be nice to use a can of rustoleum for expense & convenience; however, I don't know if it will last with the type of exposure that it will be up against. Leaning towards brush on 2 part epoxy.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
If you do go with Rustoleum, I would get the oil based paint you brush on and not the spray can. The oil based paint seems much tougher to me and you can get a much thicker application so you won't scratch through it so easily.

2 cents and worth every penny.