Running wires

Aug 6, 2020
Hunter 35.5 tiki lagoon
I have a 1991 Hunter 35.5 and I am looking to run wires from the battery storage area to the switch pannel/steareo. I can't figure out how they are currently ran even after looking at the wiring diagram. Any help on how to access wires in order to run some more would be much appreciated.

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 1999 C36 MKII #1787 Coyote Point Marina, CA.
I do not have a Hunter, but you can tug on one end of the wire and see where it goes. You may need a bright LED flash light to follow the wires. You can see the light from the other side sometimes. You do not have to run the wires the same way. There are other ways to run wires.

Aug 6, 2020
Hunter 35.5 tiki lagoon
Ya not on this boat. I already tried just pulling on some existing speaker wire and it doesnt move an inch. I understand you dont have to run wires the same way but Im trying to run wires the easiet route possible. I am sure someone can give me some real pointers.

Aug 18, 2018
Hunter 410 MDR
Not sure about a 33.5 but on my 99 410 there are cable conduits with wire pulling lines. They are difficult to get to, meaning they are inside lockers or behind electrical panels not made for big guys. Got my upper body stuck upside down in a locker once, I suggest not panicking if that happens.
Your wiring diagram should have locations for the run.
I did a victory dance anytime I got a cable through.

Mar 15, 2016
Hunter 37.5 Seattle WA
On my ‘92 Legend 37.5, the battery cables run from the starboard aft lazerette up under the starboard coaming under the headliner. I gain access through a few access panels and light fixtures in the aft cabin and up above the cabinet in the head. It’s not easy but I’ve pulled Amy wires back and forth through there. Fortunately, the previous owner left a messenger line that over uses many times.