Running Rigging Line Type

Jul 6, 2021
Hunter 38 Corpus Christi
We own a new to us Hunter 38 and want to replace some running rigging. In the Operator's Manual they have a table with the specifications. On the table, in one column, they have Line Type. The options are: 32/3 pl, 16/16 pl, and Dyneema. Dyneema is obvious, but I am having trouble referencing the 32/3 pl and 16/16 pl.

I have attached the table for reference.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Congratulations on your new sailboat!!

My Hunter 386 manual showed the same line type which also confused me.....and could not even match it up on the Samson, which Hunter's specify, website Product Search - Samson Rope. So generally used the Samson line type in this schedule from my Hunter 46 manual when I replaced the running rigging on my 386 and 46, except I used XLS Extra for halyards, topping lift and outhaul and XLS3 for sheets and remaining control lines.

1636390138249.png

Last edited:
  • Helpful

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Hunter used Samson XLS (now XLS3) for the sheets and MLX (now MLX3) for furling sail halyards. At times they may have used the New England Ropes equivalent.

Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
We own a new to us Hunter 38 and want to replace some running rigging. In the Operator's Manual they have a table with the specifications. On the table, in one column, they have Line Type. The options are: 32/3 pl, 16/16 pl, and Dyneema. Dyneema is obvious, but I am having trouble referencing the 32/3 pl and 16/16 pl.

I have attached the table for reference.

Thanks in advance.
Plait

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Plait. It is a weave description. Examples:
rope spec
rope spec 2

BTW, PET is polyester (polyethylene terephthalate, like drink bottles).
Thank for the clarification..... just an unrelated comment though.... that website your referenced, Toad Marine Supply, I believe. The prices are unbelievable... as in EXPENSIVE!

Nov 30, 2020
Macgregor 22 Dania, FL
Shameless plug for Miamicordage.com They make their own polyester double braid and will sell it to you at reasonable prices.
Chip V.
S/V Sand Dollar