Roller Furler for H34

Jun 23, 2015
Hunter H34 Deltaville
I must have the only H34 without roller furling, need to change that, any one have recommendations/comments?

Dave Groshong

SBO Staff
Staff member
Jan 25, 2007
Catalina 22 Seattle
I don't think anyone can beat our prices for Harken furlers, give me a call if you'd like to discuss, we can only publish Harken MAP prices. We also offer great prices on Furlex. 877-932-7245 x116, Mon-Fri, 9-4 Pacific.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
My boat had a Harkin on it when I bought it in '91. Has been a great unit. Only problems were not Harkin problems but rather a sagging forestay that allowed the foil connections to get twisted out of plane.. Got the compression post fixed and fixed the connections and all is good! Itt works and is tough.. I would recommend a Harkin based on my experience. Whatever you decide on, be sure it is a roller reefer and not just a furler..
You will enjoy the change !

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Two basic choices: Harken or ProFurl.

Harkens and others need halyard restrainers to provide the right angle of the halyard to the top swivel. PF doesn't, has a built in restrainer up above the top swivel on the foil, and zero maintenance.

Your boat, your choice.

Dec 14, 2003
Hunter 34 Lake of Two Mountains, QC, Can
Harken and Profurl are both great units. Have had a Profurl for 16 years and been happy with it.

Jun 23, 2015
Hunter H34 Deltaville
Thanks for the replies, just looking at pictures online is a tough way to shop for something like this. kloudi1 I've heard about reef/roll in the past along with a lot of comments which make me wonder if there is a difference in the spool construction as that's the only difference I can think of that could be under greater stress along with the line.
Thanks Dave, I'll give you a call after the holidays.

Last edited: