Revenge is sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
TLS, Don't you think that a sailboat becalmed and in the path of a high speed boat would be analogous to a squirrel on the interstate?

JVB

Jan 26, 2006
Schock Wavelength 24 Lake Murray, SC
Tree rats, a.k.a. squirrels, are not analogous to a sailboat with people on board. Analogies are the poorest form of logic.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
Tree rats, a.k.a. squirrels, are not analogous to a sailboat with people on board. Analogies are the poorest form of logic.
the more people I meet the better I like squirrels. ;)

Oct 6, 2008
Hunter, Island Packet, Catalina, San Juan 26,38,22,23 Kettle Falls, Washington
TLS, my question is what responsibility do you assign to the power boat driver, what do you assign to the PB driver's sheriff boss for his actions in the investigations and what to the DA. for the basis of the charges filed.

Yes, there were different actions that could have been taken by all parties in this accident. I think we all know where the main fault lay and that any actions by the sailboat would have been marginally corrective if corrective at all.

The main travesity of this very sad story is the death of a lady with no fault what so ever and the ruination of a marginally incorrect party while the politically connected bung holes walk free.
Ray

PS. One of my stronger words was magically deleted when I posted this the first time. I bet you can't guess which one.

Jul 1, 2004
Hunter 40 St. Petersburg
I had pretty much given up

trying to respond because TLS pretty much keeps saying the same things over and over again without bothering to reply to the specifics of my posts.

Then I read this and couldn't help myself.

Mel, Never would I excuse the power boater's actions. But remember this he was given a blood test at the hospital and it was O.0.
True enough. However, the salient fact that TLS purposely left out is that the sticker on the blood vial showed that the blood sample was 24 hours old!

This distortion should make it clear that for TLS this never was a discussion of boating safety.

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 30 Bay Shore, N.Y.
But remember this he was given a blood test at the hospital and it was O.0. Before everyone starts with conspiracy, you simply can't keep that many folks quiet, somebody will always talk.

That blood test was given behind a Blue wall and blue walls don't talk!
and if I remember correctly there was something not done to protocol with that blood test.

John

Jun 3, 2006
Catalina 36mkII Alameda CA
not at time

But remember this he was given a blood test at the hospital and it was O.0. Before everyone starts with conspiracy, you simply can't keep that many folks quiet, somebody will always talk.

That blood test was given behind a Blue wall and blue walls don't talk!
and if I remember correctly there was something not done to protocol with that blood test.
At least one fact is that they didn't do an alcohol level test of any sort (blood or breath) on the cop at the time of the accident; they waited until the next day, as opposed to Dinius. I don't know if you'd call it a conspiracy or a cover-up or both... I'd opt for "both".

Nov 26, 2008
Endeavour 42 Cruisin
the additional tragedy was that the California DA knew about this travesty early on and refused to put an end to it. His name is Jerry Brown, AKA Moonbeam
Bismark is broke at the hands of the government of California, they seem to be good at that

Status
Not open for further replies.