Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2009
2 26 Washinton DC
Hello Pearson Owners,

My wife and I are very new to sailling, but not to boating. I am an Ex NAVY Seal and my wife is a Combat Medic/LPN in the ARMY. We are stationed at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington DC. I am now a pro bass angler on the FLW tour. I was doing a seminar at Washington Marina and was offerd a 1975 Pearson-26 One Design for free. I looked at the boat and it was in excellent condition for being abandonded for a few years. All the sails were there, the main sail needs minor repairs. It has been stripped on the inside of all the cloth and any meterial that would get mold and mildew on it. I have picture if any one would like to see it. We just need a few pointers on how to get wood finish back in, add portholes, turn the portapotty to a regular marine head and places to get all deck rigging after we repaint. Oh and tiller needs very minor repair also.:doh:
YES it floats and is in a slip. we ran it up the potomac river everything works including 9.9 hp Honda Outboard. I am thankful for this opportunity to meet great people and make great frineds.

Keep your sail to the wind..
John and Hope

Jun 8, 2004
Pearson 26W Marblehead
P 26

I also have a 75 P26 mine is a weekender hull # 76 which yours probably is
also. They didnt build the one design in 75. Same boat, the only differences
are on the one design the shrouds were further inboard for tighter sheeting , the main sheet on the one design has an adjustable traveler as opposed to a fixed one on the weekender. None of these things mean much unless your planning on racing. Its probably easier to make a new tiller out of a piece of solid oak as opposed to repairing the old one as far as the marine head installation, This is not a small job. Your going to need thru hulls sea cocks
holding tank ect: I would stay with the porta potti. I didnt understand your
Question about the interior wood. You can E mail me. One more thing
This is a good solid well designed sailboat. The only source of problems may
be the rudder post and bushings. If its sloppy in the tube your going to have to do something about it. If its aluminum your probably going to have to replace the rudder

Good luck with your new boat

Status
Not open for further replies.