Replacing Bilge pump on Hunter 26

MySong

Aug 20, 2019
Hunter 26 1001 Rocky Fork
As far as I can tell my bilge pump is the original 26 year old bilge on my H26. When testing it the water foamed like it had soap in it. Any idea why?

I decided it is a cheap easy thing to replace and will. Any suggestions on a specific brand or model?

Also it looks like I can just unscrew it and screw a new one in. Are bilge pumps universal or do I need to look for a specific size/connector?

IMG_20200606_182858.jpg

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
That is the one I have in my boat... but... if it is still working, why change it? Back in the day they actually used metal parts inside. Today's pump...??? I don't think the H26 pumps get a lot of use. I've never actually had enough water ever get in my boat to need the bilge pump. Once a season, I dump a bucket of water in the bilge to test the pump. I bet my pump has less than five hours of actual use on it.

Regarding foam... I'm going to guess the PO dumped some cleaner in there to try to make it smell nice for the sale. :pimp:

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I agree. Test it routinely so you don't discover it doesn't work if/when you need it. Why replace it?

Jul 23, 2019
Hunter 18.5 Revelstoke
Every time I pump with my hand pump I notice the water is bubbly and frothy, I wouldn’t replace it unless it isn’t working.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Remember when you ever pump out water, you have to have water to pump out as air will not move water. In other words the water left in the hose will drain back