Repairing a pressure water pump - (and what NOT to do!) haha

Hagar

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 42 Olympia Washington
Fun video. Our pump is the same one. It was mounted vertically right below the vented loop for the raw water. Exactly in the right place for drips from the anti-siphon valve to leak and drip into the pump. One day the pump wouldn't run and the breaker tripped. I took the pump head apart and there is a little ball bearing on the motor shaft that operates the wobble plate for the pump diaphragms. Mostly a lump of rust. The motor ran fine. After I took it apart I was able to get a number off the ball bearing. Entered it into Google and got dozens of hits. Turns out it is the same bearing that is used in lots of skateboard wheels! Lots of buying options from sites like "rollodude.com", etc. It was only a few bucks for a 10-pack so now I have lots of spares. Reinstalled the old pump and it has been running for a couple of years. The new one I bought as a replacement is now our spare.

Aug 2, 2018
Beneteau Oceanis 40cc Little River, SC
Fun video. Our pump is the same one. It was mounted vertically right below the vented loop for the raw water. Exactly in the right place for drips from the anti-siphon valve to leak and drip into the pump. One day the pump wouldn't run and the breaker tripped. I took the pump head apart and there is a little ball bearing on the motor shaft that operates the wobble plate for the pump diaphragms. Mostly a lump of rust. The motor ran fine. After I took it apart I was able to get a number off the ball bearing. Entered it into Google and got dozens of hits. Turns out it is the same bearing that is used in lots of skateboard wheels! Lots of buying options from sites like "rollodude.com", etc. It was only a few bucks for a 10-pack so now I have lots of spares. Reinstalled the old pump and it has been running for a couple of years. The new one I bought as a replacement is now our spare.
That is really terrific information.
Thanks for sharing!
(And watching!)
Cara
www.thecrabbycaptainandthesunnysailor.com