Refrig Cooling Fan

Oct 29, 2008
Beneteau 37 Wilmington,DE
On my Beneteau 37 the Compressor and Fan Cooling Fins have lots of dust on them since it is close to the floor, has anyone come up with an easy way to clean all the dust out of cooling Fins with some magic spray. I am concerned when it gets hot the compressor will have to work overtime !

Jan 12, 2011
Hunter 410 full time cruiser
If it is just dust you can vacuum it out. I have a standard ventilation air filter mounted between the air inlet and the frig compressor fan. The fan and the condenser never collect any dirt.

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
This is a regular maintenance task necessary to keep your compressor working efficiently and preventing overheat auto-reset of the compressor. There is not magic spray, or short cuts. Find an appropriately sized and shaped brush attachment for you boat's vacuum system (you have one right? :)). I do this job in the spring when I have my mini shop vac aboard for bilge clean up. Carefully brush the fins in the direction they are oriented and wiggle the bristles into the condenser core. Do the same with the compressor board and heat sink. On my boat I have to remove a duct to get at the condenser fins. Bit of a job, but necessary.