Recommendations for a new head

Afraal

May 29, 2023
Catalina 310 Flowery Branch
I installed a Raritan Sea Era QC Electric Head with fresh water flush back in 2018. We're very happy with it.
We went with the household size bowl for more comfort. Without the manual pump there was enough more room around the base which allowed us to angle the head away from the wall a little for more knee room.
Its much easier for guest to use as well.
@Ward H how did you connected your toilette to fresh water? from the sink? shower?

Afraal

May 29, 2023
Catalina 310 Flowery Branch
I installed a Raritan Marine Elegance with fresh water flush on my 310 last year - love it. It was straightforward to install, easy to use and has worked well. It sits a bit high, especially for my wife, but overall we like the upgrade from the manual seawater flush.
HI @LD_C310 how did you connect the fresh water for the toilette? and I'm assuming you just keep the inlet raw seacock permanently closed now?

Thanks!

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
I suggest you follow the instructions that come with the toilet. Those instructions vary slightly with the make/model.

However, it should help you to know that toilets designed to use fresh water do not have an intake pump...they use pressurized fresh water controlled by a solenoid valve that can either be inside the toilet or in the intake line--which is teed into cold water line-usually the line that feeds the head sink. That solenoid valve works kinda like a faucet on a sink...pushing the flush button opens it to allow water to come into the toilet, closes to shut off the flow of flush water. It's necessary for the boat's main water pump to be on to provide the water pressure. The head intake thru-hull can be re-purposed to supply water to a sea water wash down pump or hvac water pump or just kept closed.

--Peggie