re-power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roger

I have a 1981 c30 with a 5411 universal diesel and I think it is underpowered. Has anybody repowered thier boat and how much can I expect to pay? I would guess I need a new transmission also? Thanks for any help. Also the transmission I have now. I have no idea how to service it or check the fluid level. Seems to be when I shift into fwd it takes forever to get moving and when it does it starts out slow then thumps into gear and goes a little faster. Kinda like it isn't all the way in gear at first. anyway thanks again.

G

Gene Foraker

repower

I have heard quotes of $6000 to $10,000 to put in a new diesel. It may be a better choice to trade up to a newer model boat.

J

jamie

repower

Hi Roger I have the same boat same year to service the tranny you have to remove the dip stick on top of the trans port side closest to the engine form here I use a little bulb hand pump and remove the oil. Be sure that you replace the oil with the proper type as per manu specs and be careful not to over fill.Check cable travel for shifting and adjust

Status
Not open for further replies.