Ray, Thanks, more questions:

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gb

Ray, I am not familar with how I should reply to your response, having not used this type forum in the past...I'll try this and hope you notice...Fist of all, Thanks very much for your response...I have heard the power of the Atomic 11 was questionable...I will be sailing on a lake in Arkansas...do you believe the engine will be okay in this type of situation rather than a coastal setting or open seas...the boat has all new electronics...it does have roller furling but needs new sails the bottom has been well taken care of and new bottom job completed this summer...the sides have also been waxed and well kept...the engine has been regularly maintaiend and the boat has had the same owner since 1984...they are asking $30,000...I consider this too much but am not familar enough with this particular model to know what it is worth...I have seen 1981 to 1983 models on the Internet from $17,500 to $23,000, the 1981 with the Atomic 4 gas engine...The boat has not been sailed in salt water, fresh water only...any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated...Thanks.

R

Ray Cochrane

Price seems high

The price seems a bit high, if you really like boat, I would suggest an offer much less than the asking price.

P

patrick e. boole

too high

much to high for a 84 with a gas engine. i personally think that putting a gaas engine in a sailboat is asking for trouble in a big way. i imagine that the selection for sailing boats in arkansaw is limited.

J

Jim Kirby

Jim Kirby

What ever you do, dont pay 30,000 $$$ for a c - 30 that age, not matter what it has in it. For that price you could always go about 6 to 7 years newer if you look. Also, dont forget to have the boat inspected and get the book value on the boat. Go to WWW. NADA.COM and then go to the boating section and look up the year make and model. it will give you a honest price.

Status
Not open for further replies.