Ray marine Smart pilot st6002 error message question?

Jan 24, 2017
Hunter 34 Toms River Nj
I have had this ray marine smart pilot st6002 for the past five or six years now and has worked perfectly up untill this past season. The controller is giving a error message!!
"Mot pow swapped"
Owner Manuel alarm message idecates possible cause and solution is
Motor cables are connected to power terminals and power cables are connected to motor terminals at the computer.
Solution is turn off power and swap over the connections.

Note these cables are connected correctly and have been for the past five or six years.
Nothing has changed.
Things that I have done so far as per manual.
1 swapped cables as listed above, not resolve so moved them back to original locations.
2 cleaned all wires and reconnected.
3 checked all fuses.
4 checked all wires for breaks or damage.

Everything appears good. However the error message is still displaying.
Called ray marine tech support they needed more info off the unit which I will get them later in the week, however they don' t appear to have a clue what is wrong.

The strange thing is that the unit worked fine for years and now out of the blue this error message appeared. Nothing has changed.
Also note that this unit is not inter grated with any other electronics. And I don't use this very much at all, maybe once or twice a year.

Anyone here ever had this problem?

Apr 26, 2020
Catalina 310 WPB
I have had this ray marine smart pilot st6002 for the past five or six years now and has worked perfectly up untill this past season. The controller is giving a error message!!
"Mot pow swapped"
Owner Manuel alarm message idecates possible cause and solution is
Motor cables are connected to power terminals and power cables are connected to motor terminals at the computer.
Solution is turn off power and swap over the connections.

Note these cables are connected correctly and have been for the past five or six years.
Nothing has changed.
Things that I have done so far as per manual.
1 swapped cables as listed above, not resolve so moved them back to original locations.
2 cleaned all wires and reconnected.
3 checked all fuses.
4 checked all wires for breaks or damage.

Everything appears good. However the error message is still displaying.
Called ray marine tech support they needed more info off the unit which I will get them later in the week, however they don' t appear to have a clue what is wrong.

The strange thing is that the unit worked fine for years and now out of the blue this error message appeared. Nothing has changed.
Also note that this unit is not inter grated with any other electronics. And I don't use this very much at all, maybe once or twice a year.

Anyone here ever had this problem?
Just ran into the same issue yesterday, did you find the solution? Much appreciated!

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 1999 C36 MKII #1787 Coyote Point Marina, CA.
I would clean the motor contacts with 400 grit sand paper lightly. The female jacks, roll the sand paper and insert in the opening. Apply lanoline on male and female plugs. Check all the screw blocks providing power, clean as above. It may be due to corrosion.

Mar 17, 2024
Morgan 33 St. Augustine
Hello Captain Rob,
I have the exact same error message coming from my S2 Raymarine auto pilot.
Mot Pow Swapped. It appeared under the same conditions.
Worked fine, boat sat up for a couple of months now this message when I came off the hard.
Did you find the fix?
Thanks,
Atlanticbrew
St. Aug. Fl.

Mar 17, 2024
Morgan 33 St. Augustine
It's possible. I called a Raymarine representative and they recomended Seawire Marine Electronics in Miami.
I googled reviews and they had a good rep. so I mailed them course computer.
Hopefully it's not fried or I'll go start cleaning connections.
Thanks,
Atlanticbrew