Ranger 12 resurrection

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Thanks PNW Sailor, those blocks are an inspiration. I'm jealous of the Marple chisel. I have a set of newer Marples carving tools from when I started furniture school, way back in '84. I also have a few old Buck chisels that I inherited from my grandfather. I wish I had more time to work with them.

-Will (Dragonfly)

evan s

Apr 5, 2018
ranger r-12 bainbridge island
Thanks Will!

The chisel is a vintage W. Marples & Sons (1920-1940). A good friend of mine got it from a restorer in the UK and gave it to me last year. I couldn’t have done any of the wood working without it. It’s super sharp and precise.

R/John
Actually, I did a total conversion of the Ranger 12 and it's a traditional Sprit Rig Sloop now, hence the rope stropped blocks.

View attachment 178948

View attachment 178949

View attachment 178950

View attachment 178952
Very nice. I have a similarly refurbished Ranger 12. I re-did the teak and bought a whole new set of sails from Tasker. it is a pretty fast little boat

Dec 12, 2019
Ranger 12 The Puget Sound - North
Very nice. I have a similarly refurbished Ranger 12. I re-did the teak and bought a whole new set of sails from Tasker. it is a pretty fast little boat
Hello Evan,

Hope to see some photos of her soon. It seems there are a handful of Ranger 12's back in the water now. It would be nice to all get together for a R12 regatta. R/John