Quick quiz suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Don

Excellent Response Peggy!

As a southerner (NC) transplanted to the NE (DC to NYC) I could not have said it better.

E

Ed Schenck

Sorry Phil, I withdraw my suggestion.

Little did I know this would turn into a North/South pissin' match. And during this festive season! Here in Ohio we got over that. We actually have friends in warm places and enjoy visiting there. Maybe it's all in good fun and I am too sensitive. Yesterday I was on my x-country skis in a beautiful pine forest. And I get to see my grandkids every week. That's what I am talking about, the lifestyle change just to support the sailing bug.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Well, you can't say it wasn't volatile

It's akways interesting to me that when someone suggests a QQ in the forums it becomes that week's QQ! Yes, I think in the spirit of the season we should drop the Civil War and simply enjoy (or wish longingly for) warmer weather).

B

Bryan C.

So Fla bites

You really don't want to move to So Fla. It's really awful. People don't speak English. The sailing sucks. Big bugs. Nasty people. The crime, the drugs. Just stay up North.

J

Joe Passanisi

If the winds of life blow me towards the south ?

I was Stationed in Key West with the Coast Guard. Where else can you see a Giant Manta Ray swimming on the ocean floor at a depth of 70 feet from the surface. Where else can you see dolphins swimming on your bows wake. I love southern women, I love southern people, and I love the southern warmpth. However I married a Italian girl from NY. I live in New Hampshire where it is snowing at the present time. I am a true New Englander and love the Lobsters with the big claws. The Red Sox and the Mets. But if the winds of life blow me towards the south. I am outta here. One must learn to be flexable in life and find utter enjoyment where ever you are.

B

bbuskey

Fla not south enough...

Florida is not south enough for me... I have sailed (not often) the Keys, but I really love the waters and people in the Virgin Islands (both British and US) If I had the gumption, I would leave in a week and move down there... I have thought about it, sailing my boat down the Ohio to the Mississippi through the gulf and to the best area (for me) to sail in... I even (seriously) considered once in signing a charter contract with one of the companies down there to stay... But that was in more carefree years (however, I still have the paperwork and still consider it an option)

Status
Not open for further replies.