Questions for work on my new Catalina 22

Apr 10, 2020
Catalina 22 Ganges
Hey Ho. sorry to barge in here... long time reader, first time typer.

I need help, just bought a Catalina 22 (1974), shes a beaut but i have a couple of minor pins and things i am sourcing... im stumped on the name of the shackle/pin thing that would secure my main tack grommet to the boom. ive attahed a picture... ive ordered a couple of items on Catalina direct but havent a clue what the thingy is called to secure this badboy. Anyone have any idea of what i need here?

Much obliged.

HotPotato.

Attachments

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY

I need help, just bought a Catalina 22 (1974), shes a beaut but i have a couple of minor pins and things i am sourcing... im stumped on the name of the shackle/pin thing that would secure my main tack grommet to the boom. ive attahed a picture... ive ordered a couple of items on Catalina direct but havent a clue what the thingy is called to secure this badboy. Anyone have any idea of what i need here?

Much obliged.

HotPotato.
I'd use a SS bolt.

Jun 25, 2004
Corsair F24 Mk1 003 San Francisco Bay, CA
McMaster Carr sells 1/8” thick fender washers in 316. And even thicker.

I’m using and stocking only 316 fasteners because 304 rusts too easily in a chloride rich, salt water environment.

Fender washers used as backers may not be mission critical and 304 is probably fine to use, but I just plain hate weeping rust stains.

AaronD

Aug 10, 2014
Catalina 22 9874 Newberg, OR / Olympia, WA
McMaster Carr sells 1/8” thick fender washers in 316. And even thicker.

I’m using and stocking only 316 fasteners because 304 rusts too easily in a chloride rich, salt water environment.

Fender washers used as backers may not be mission critical and 304 is probably fine to use, but I just plain hate weeping rust stains.
As always, I should have looked at McMaster before posting.

Aug 2, 2014
MacGregor 26C Stuart FL

Much obliged.

HotPotato.
"Mainsail tack pin for gooseneck " .
It has a slight bend in it to be installed/removed without tools.
Catalina direct has em or if you're crafty you can make your own from the proper sized bolt.

Best Regards

AaronD

Aug 10, 2014
Catalina 22 9874 Newberg, OR / Olympia, WA
"Mainsail tack pin for gooseneck " .
It has a slight bend in it to be installed/removed without tools.
Catalina direct has em or if you're crafty you can make your own from the proper sized bolt.

Best Regards
Here's the CD link, with a picture to make it clear.