• On September 1st, Maine Sail suffered a major hemorrhagic stroke. One of the most generous members of our sailing community, he has helped thousands. Now it's our turn. Click here to learn more

Purchased a Soverel 33 Project Boat

PaulK

Dec 1, 2009
Sabre 402 Southport, CT
Hope you got the main on today and tried everything out. Watch out to keep those runners on - you don't want to lose the rig!

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
Well the 2021 race season has come to an end and with that my son @daydreamerjr did a fine job of not only learning how to sail/race but also how to do it on a Soverel 33 and highly technical sailing craft and finish 2nd in his class, still waiting to hear how he did over all the fleet. So not only did he do a great job of prepping the boat for the season but he also sailed the crap out of her, I joined him on a couple of races both of which the big fan was blowing hard with gust over 30 kts, this boat is like sailing a dighy where the main has to be worked hard when its blowing, but man what fun!!!

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
I looked at one of those before I bought the Beneteau. Wife saw the porta-potty in the "V" of the V-Berth and said "Hell No". :cowbell:

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
I looked at one of those before I bought the Beneteau. Wife saw the porta-potty in the "V" of the V-Berth and said "Hell No". :cowbell:
Well my son added a porta potty, but there is no V berth, don't know that there ever was on this boat, still plenty of room to lay your head down for a nap, if really needed.

Aug 21, 2020
Soverel 33 mkII Port Huron
Thanks for updating dad. It’s been an awesome season and the boat and crew have performed brilliantly. It was a little ruff at the beginning of the year trying to learn the boat but once I figured her out she absolutely flys.
44ADBE49-C0EC-48AB-841F-2BDD6C12A08E.jpeg