Protection for Tailing Well Edges

Apr 5, 2021
Hunter 430 Boca Raton
Has anyone found a good solution for some sort of Edge Guard to see the Tailing Well edges from getting beat up? I have had my Glass Guy fix them but the keep getting dinged up by winch handless etc. Thanks.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Your info says Beneteau 39.5, but you posted this in the Hunter Owners section…

What kind of boat, and do you have a photo? I don’t recognize the term either.

Greg

Apr 5, 2021
Hunter 430 Boca Raton
1996 Hunter 430. Picture of tailing well below. No idea where the Beneteau tag came from - never owned one. Trying to get help from customer service to change it.

Attachments

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
You have the profile fixed now!

So the little compartments that hold the lines… do you put the winch handles in there when not in use? That would chip the fiberglass. My friends with H33’s have something similar, but they don’t store winch handles in there…the have separate winch handle pockets.

Greg

MFD

Jun 23, 2016
Hunter 41DS Seattle
For items like this, I have used McMaster-Carr online. Their shipping & handling fee can be a little bit for small purchases, but I have found similar sort of clamp-on UV resistant rubber trim that I used for the edges of a portable/flexible solar panel.

I have similar built in line boxes/pockets on my Hunter 41DS. No chips, but not a bad idea to have something around the edges to make sure there never are.