Power Tiller on outboard, Catalina 27, or something similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2012
1978 Catalina 30 Wilbur-by-the-Sea
I asked this question already over at the c27org forum but thought I would also give it a shot here.

I found out about these folks in another thread.

Has anyone put a Powertiller on on C27 with an outboar in a well? They have a demo here.

http://powertiller.com/Demonstration.htm

I like it but would prefer an old style throttle assembly most likely on the side of the cockpit as apposed to attaching a cludge to my tiller. Love the the integration of it.

Does anyone have a DIY alternative?

Gary

Jon_E

Mar 19, 2011
Catalina 27 Marina del Rey
Re: Power Tiller on outboard, Catalina 27, or something simi

I just viewed the demo. Actually, I would be interested in the kludge assembly on the tiller. I thought about installing the Yamaha "remote control" assembly on the side of the cockpit but decided against it for reasons of cost and space.

Now I'm intrigued... !

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Re: Power Tiller on outboard, Catalina 27, or something simi

Any thing that inhibits the "feel" of the rudder when sailing is a negative for me.... To install on a Cat 27 you'll have to drill access holes for the cables to reach the motor in the well. Mounting that contraption on the tiller means the cables will move around.... wondering how that affect things.... not good. Why don't you just buy a remote control box from your motor's manufacturer? Or a generic one. That's what I have on my boat, works terrific and the tiller stays free.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.