Potable Water City Water Quick Disconnect

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Started hooking up our potable water hose to the boat's pressurized water connection that bypasses the potable water pump. Got tired of the time and effort to make it leak tight with channel lock pliers. Just installed quick disconnect hose fitting. Problem solved and saves time to connect and disconnect!!.

Has anyone else done this?

Attachments

Feb 21, 2013
Just make sure your hoses & hose clamps are all secure & don’t leave it connected when you’re ashore. One burst hose and the boat will fill.
Agreed.......we lived on a large power boat for many years and as with my sailboat we always turn off water supply, stow sink plugs, turn off the head solenoid valves, maintain water drain through hull valves open, disconnect the hose from the boat when we leave the boat AND we do not use hose clamps since the hose is continuous from the supply connection to the heat quick disconnect fitting.

Nov 11, 2018
Beneteau 45F5 6 Melbourne, Victoria
I am too scared to hook up to permanent shore pressure water. At least with a quick connect you can disconnect easily each time you leave the boat.
I have been thinking about installing a quick connect in the anchor locker (with an isolation valve) that leads to my 4 tanks for ease of filling though.

Dec 14, 2016
Beneteau 37 Chichester
All
I have a quick disconnect on my Beneteau Oceanis 37. I connected it up yesterday, but couldn't get any water out of the taps (they work on the water tanks). Does anyone know if Beneteau fit a tap in the internal pipe work please? Also there seems to be some sort of fitting on the back of the quick disconnect, is this a one- way valve of some sort?
Regards Rob

MitchM

Jan 20, 2005
Nauticat 321 pilothouse 32 Erie PA
saw the US powerboat boat next to us at a marina in port dover canada get ready to sink. they hooked up their onboard h 2 0 inlet to the marina's h 2 0 system, w/ no pressure regulator. the canadian h 2 0 pressure was so high it blew a fitting. they were chatting on the cocktail deck as their bilge was fillling with h 2 0 from a busted h 2 o line before they discovered it. they didn't leave for their dinner reservations ...

Feb 21, 2013
I am too scared to hook up to permanent shore pressure water. At least with a quick connect you can disconnect easily each time you leave the boat............
If I interpret your post you agree with how I use the quick disconnect potable water hose. I hook it up when at the dock for overnighters and turn off the shore water connection when we leave the boat for any short length of time, of course with all the sink faucets open. Then turn the water off and disconnect the hose between the shore water and boat connections whenever we leave the boat for home. Use the same procedure on my rv for water and LPG.