Porthole Question

Nov 25, 2016
C&C 30 MK1 Pasadena
My C&C 30 MK1 came with some odd portlights in the cabin. They are 38" wide by a little over 7 1/2" tall. Anybody have any idea of where these may have come from? One has cracks in the plastic frame and leaks, so I need to find a way to replace them. The opening part uses Beckson seals, screens, and locks, but I can't find anything with them.

Thanks, Steve

port.jpg

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
That is an odd size.

This is a long shot.........if you cannot find a replacement might consider what I did when I had the same problem with 4 discontinued portlights on a 1984 boat with discontinued Perko portlights so purchased custom ones - stainless ones with tempered glass from Man Ship MAN SHIP - Home (manshipmarine.com) . They were not any more expensive than off-the shelf portlights. When they quote on a form with dimensions you provide through a dealer like MarineDepotDirect.com | Marine Hardware & Boat Deck Hardware Marine Depot Direct MarineDepotDirect.com | Marine Hardware & Boat Deck Hardware they will provide a CADD drawing for you to approve upon purchase.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2021
C&C 44 Seattle Yacht Club
Thanks Sail SFBay! I'll be ordering up a couple of portlights! Better than replacing stained cushions from water leaks!

Feb 21, 2013
Dan C&C 44..............receiving the custom portlights from Taiwan this week and will post photos of the old and new ones.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2021
Thanks! Will you have a guy install them for you, or are you planning to do it yourself?
What was the price of the portlights - $300/light range?

Oct 5, 2021
I was just looking at the smaller opening port light on their website, not the other two areas around on either side of it. Which did you get? I guess I should just wait for the pix :)

Feb 21, 2013
Thanks! Will you have a guy install them for you, or are you planning to do it yourself?
What was the price of the portlights - $300/light range?
$513 each (4 total) custom rectangular opening portlights 7½ x 16½ x 2” cutout, 9 x 18” outer trim ring dimension, light grey tinted tempered glass with screen. Order form attached. You can fill it out with dimensions (suggest removing portlight to make measurements), scan and email it to their dealer for a quote with a dimensional CADD drawing in "mm" to approve at the time of purchase.

Installation.........since it will require a lttle some fit up by cutting/grinding the 2" thick hull corners/ends to fit the new portlights will have my boat contractor do it since he has the tools. 37 year old pitted aluminum portlight (left) and new stainless steel portlight (middle and right).

1634069830068.png

Attachments

Last edited: