Pokit is back in stock!

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
"The world's smallest wireless multimeter, DSO and logger"
There have been at least a couple other threads on this device back in the past. I just got an email that says they are back in stock. They are offering a 10% discount if you use code : POK-WELCOME
If it performs as advertised, it could be a handy tool for chasing elusive gremlins with the logger feature. I have not used one so I am no authority on it. If you have, let us know what you think.

https://pokitmeter.com/?utm_source=...-30020155&mc_cid=def6e39a29&mc_eid=5584c0294e

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
I have one. It works, it's small, I haven't used it much. Besides being small, the nice feature is the remote display. With a standard multimeter there is always the juggling of the leads and the device so it can be seen. I don't know that I really have a use for it other than its a cool piece of kit. If I read the manual correctly, the oscilloscope function only works to 60v AC. I was hoping it would work at a higher voltage so I could check the inverter output.

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
The web site says only 42V AC.
Build a resistance bridge to increase the upper range. Easy and cheap. It would only require a few resistors. I looked over their website to try to find out what the input impedance is and was unable to find it. This is a basic spec for any meter and should be easily located. The impedance would be required to build a proper bridge for higher voltage measurements. Without it, I'm just guessing.

looking at their "Join the community" posts, it looks like customer service isn't their strong point. Lots of complaints, not lots of help. I tried to create an account to talk to them and that also was unsuccessful.

Ken

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Build a resistance bridge to increase the upper range. Easy and cheap. It would only require a few resistors. I looked over their website to try to find out what the input impedance is and was unable to find it. This is a basic spec for any meter and should be easily located. The impedance would be required to build a proper bridge for higher voltage measurements. Without it, I'm just guessing.

looking at their "Join the community" posts, it looks like customer service isn't their strong point. Lots of complaints, not lots of help. I tried to create an account to talk to them and that also was unsuccessful.

Ken
Ken, I bought mine during their Kickstarter campaign. They have been pretty good with posting updates and keeping their backers informed. This is a start-up, so I would expect some hiccups along the way.

Mar 20, 2004
Hunter 356 and 216 Portland, ME
works great, I also was a kickstarter buyer and yes, they are a startup so they may be working out the support side, but they've been good online. recommended!

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Now Pokit Pro is in the works! I have to admit, I am completely unfamiliar with Kickstarter. If you become a backer, you are eligible to purchase one at a discount when it becomes available.. This new Pokit meter looks pretty awesome!
I am sorely tempted to join the program. They keep adding stretch goals and improving the tool.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Interesting item Justin. My son-in-law made an investment in an electric bike motor from a firm in Denmark. Cutting Edge. 2 years later his motor was delivered. It was a cool design. Just not very convenient to wait for 2 years with no knowledge about the product. Whether it is vapor ware or reality. This looks a bit more substantial. Looks to be something more fine electronics based than marine big boat oriented.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Looks to be something more fine electronics based than marine big boat oriented.
I agree John. The Pro is pretty sophisticated. The origina! Pokit would be sufficient for most on-board needs, but they have enhanced even some of the basic features. e.g. More measurement range. I think that I saw you can use it with a smart watch now too.
If I invest in one I'll probably use it more at home and bring it out to the boat when I need it.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
If I wanted a test tool similar to this one, I would go to a Fluke portable oscilloscope with incorporated DMM. Pricey, but very robust and powerful.

dj