Pearson 39-2 survey

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
You have a few options. Whether or not you go with this boat, you should advise the owner and his broker of all defects detected by the surveyor. Once the owner and broker have this info they are required to share it with any other potential buyer should you not make the deal.
Now having shared this info you are in a position to make an offer on the boat. I would make an offer based on his repairing the wet areas on the boat. I'd get an estimate to replace all running rigging and offer to split that amount with him. As a concession, you replace all the sails.

Dec 16, 2015
Pearson 39-2 San Diego
I am thinking of doing a transpac or Pacific Cup in my boat in 18 or 30 months time or so. Have added a Selene bow pole and spinnaker halyard system and also replacing standing rigging currently. A few month ago I added a Danish folding propeller. The boat has been sailing great.
Has anyone else done much racing in your 39-2? Performance improvement suggestions appreciated.. :)

Attachments

Mar 18, 2021
Pearson 39-2 Ft. Myers
Pearson 39-2

Yes, I bought it and sailed it up to Baltimore where it is winterized now. Boat really ended up being in beautiful condition and the original owner gave me all the original manuals (a whole shelf full) in near new condition along with the blueprints from the builder. If you ever know someone who needs some information from the manufacturer, I'd be happy to share. Only complaint is they removed the original windlass (?) and I am in the process of planning reinstallation of a new one. Looking forward to the spring.:)

Hey! I know I'm incredibly late to the party, but I stumbled on your post and I just have to ask. I've been scouring the web trying to find blueprints for the Pearson 39-2 (specifically from 1987) and here you are! If you've still got them and your offer still stands, I would be eternally grateful if you'd email me a photocopy of the blueprints! Thank you so much for your generosity and your time. Hope to hear from you!