Pearson 33-2 Walk-through Transom Diesel vent location

LouR

Dec 19, 2010
Pearson 33-2 Wing-keel NJ
I have a 33-2 with a walk-through Transom (I hear the last several off the line had these transoms). The vent for the diesel tank was never installed. I checked the tank fill, and does not appear to have a fitting to attach the vent hose to. I'd like to locate the vent the same way the factory did it. I've checked two other 33-2's in the club (a fin keel, and a Keel c/b), but they don't have my transom, and the chainplates for the backstay are farther outboard with my transom. If there's any other owner with the W/T transom, can you give me some guidance on where the vent is relative to the chainplate? Thanks

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
I have a 36-2.... yes different boat but mine is located in the cockpit. How is the engine running if there is not tank vent?? Mine is a separate hose coming off the tank..... All tanks have one built in as it is a necessary part.

LouR

Dec 19, 2010
Thanks for your reply NYsail. The existing vent line terminates inside the lazarette up near the waste tank vent. I am just looking for where the original tank vent fitting was located on one of the Pearsons with walk-thru transoms.

LouR

Dec 19, 2010
I hope I didn't sound rude, that wasn't my intent. Can you post a pic of where the vent fitting is installed? Thanks