Pearson 31-2 Owners?

Aug 6, 2017
Pearson 31-2 Atwood Lake
It seems like almost every other boat has a fairly active community but I haven't seen an active forum or Facebook group around the 31-2 or similar Pearsons yet.

I'm in the process of purchasing a 31-2 and would be grateful if someone could point me toward a reasonably active user community. Thanks!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
@Tyler Rippel Congrats on the possible purchase of the Pearson.
would be grateful if someone could point me toward a reasonably active user community. Thanks!
Not sure what your looking for in a "group". Folks to race?
Pearson Yachts 1958 - 1990 With the recession of 1990 the molds and trademarks were shuffled back and forth between a number of different entities. Grumman re-purchased all the assets and then promptly sold everything off in a bankruptcy sale.
PEARSON HID (1972-): PEA
CAL-PEARSON CORPORATION HID (1986-2003): KDG
Here is are a couple of links to the Pearson Boat Info...
Afraid you are among several of us boat owners without an active manufacturer.
The good news is SBO members like sail boats. And while many have Beneteau's or Hunters' or Catalina's etc. they are pretty accepting of boat owners who want to share ideas and solutions even if they don't own a current boat brand.

What I have found is the parts in my boat are similar to the parts in the branded boats. In come cases better in others worse, but they work and fail pretty much the same. So if an electrical circuit in a Catalina needs tweaking it is pretty much the same as my Cal even though the boats were made by different manufacturers.

Hopefully you find what you seek. If lost or confused... Send us a picture. There is a good chance one of us has seen or heard of the problem and can share an idea or two to help you solve your concern.
Send us a picture when you get your boat.

Aug 6, 2017
Pearson 31-2 Atwood Lake
Thanks. I was looking for other owners of the 31-2 specifically, if possible, in an online group/forum.

Often boats have a Facebook page tailored specifically to one model, etc. There is the Pearson31.com website but the last forum activity was in 2011 that I can see. Something similar would be great but I haven't found it yet.