Pearson 26 Bimini

LUS

Jan 30, 2020
Pearson 26 Aqualand
My husband and I were gifted a Pearson 26. We are looking into getting a Bimini for it. Does anyone have the specifics for this? Is there a good place to get one that fits without costing an arm and a leg?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Welcome to the Forum @LUS .. Glad you are here.
There is a saying among sailors.... ”It will only cost another Boat Buck!”

Congrats on receiving a free boat. That means you have more boat bucks to spend on the things you may want. I have found the best tool for me to save money for cruising is to distinguish between “Needs” and “Wants”. I try to stick to only buying those things I need. Letting the things I “Want” to stay on the List... sometimes they move up to need or fall off the list.

There is a repeating add here on the website offering to give you a quote for a Bimini. Most are not cookie cutter equipment. The bimini is built for the boat as it is configured. You may find that a local canvas shop in Georgia can provide the best bimini for your boat.

LUS

Jan 30, 2020
Pearson 26 Aqualand
Thanks. We will definitely look into that. Are you a Pearson 26 owner?

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Welcome, LUS, to SBO. Congratulations on your new vessel; a Pearson 26 is quite the gift. You have chosen well in joining us here. There is a great deal of knowledge, skill, expertise and fun in our crew of sailors. We are happy to share and eager to impress; so, I know you won't have any regrets.

Unfortunately, I am not one of those with knowledge and skill in this area. I know canvas work is expensive. There are so many different model boats out there, it is the norm to have something like a bimini custom made. With a little artistic skill and equipment, many sailors make their own. There are marine salvage companies you can Google that will have a wide range of biminis and canvas that can be modified to fit. There are likely ones in your area.

Tell us a little about your sailing and boating experience, the general area for boat is sailing in, and what kind of do-it-yourself work you are comfortable with? Is this your first sailboat? This whole venture of sailboat ownership is exciting, but there is, as I'm sure you can see, a lot of work and expense to it. We are all here to help make that as pleasant for you as it is for us.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Feb 19, 2020
Beneteau Oceanis 38 Newport R I
Hello, and congrats. You will not be disappointed with a P26. I have sailed my P26 for over 45 years. I know a little bit about them and a Bimini with side panel is on of my best investments for comfort from spray and cold wind.

My hull is #421. I bought it in 1974, and have enjoyed it ever since.

If I can answer any questions, just drop me a line.

ENJOY!

Ron