Part Shout-Outs: What add-on do you love?

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Hello all:

A few years ago, I purchased one of these from the SBO store... not the radio, the white plastic holder. I LOVE it! It is very sturdy and stays in place well. But I don't use it to hold my radio.

My iPhone 7 fits perfectly in the holder.:thumbup:

Do you have a favorite convenience add-on and why do you love it.

1584994141116.png

Jan 19, 2010
Here is another one of my little add-ons. Also was originally designed as a holder for a radio... but... I use it to catch the bottle caps that fall off my Yeti bottle opener.... :biggrin: It is held in place with only one screw so it is easy to rotate and tip out the caps once it starts to get full ('bout once a day:yikes:)

1584995114687.png

Jan 19, 2010
I like a plastic cafateria tray as a work surface. Catches spills and drips, restrains small parts, and is indestructible.
They make a good impromptu toboggan also.:biggrin: A little vegetable oil on the back side and your cooking with gas.:yikes:

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
What? Help me with that. I've never been out sailing and said to myself "Wish I had a rubber mallet". :biggrin:
Ever had a bag of ice that was too frozen to break into cubes? Maybe not there in the South. But a few smacks with the mallet and you're good to go. I've used it on my windshield on my runabout to get the canvas snaps to align. I had to use it to get my walk through windshield closed. Generally good for smacking things into place without cosmetic damage. Not to mention surly crew. You can sound the deck for water intrusion. Kill a rambunctious fish. Any fitting, winch, stopper that is frozen to salt deposits can use a reasonable smack. I use it all the time. Almost as good as duct tape. Spiders! There's no end to the uses.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
They make a good impromptu toboggan also.:biggrin: A little vegetable oil on the back side and your cooking with gas.:yikes:
We did that at Snowbird. Way more dangerous than skiing! A friend lost a sizable chunk of skin on his cheek from a run on a tray.

Mr Fox

Aug 31, 2017
Marshall 22 Portland, ME
Remote extension for my vhf. After one too many nights arriving at a tiny dark harbor and negotiating the mooring field while trying to avoid an island ferry (if you don’t get out of the way the captian shrugs nonchalantly while he sinks you) and simultaneously running below to radio the dock (and waaaaaiting for a response) to find out what slip I’m in all while maintaining enough headway to not get swept by Maine’s tide onto a ledge or into someone’s pristine Hinckley picnic boat, I asked why am I doing this.

Changed my life.

Jan 19, 2010
Ever had a bag of ice that was too frozen to break into cubes? Maybe not there in the South. But a few smacks with the mallet and you're good to go. I've used it on my windshield on my runabout to get the canvas snaps to align. I had to use it to get my walk through windshield closed. Generally good for smacking things into place without cosmetic damage. Not to mention surly crew. You can sound the deck for water intrusion. Kill a rambunctious fish. Any fitting, winch, stopper that is frozen to salt deposits can use a reasonable smack. I use it all the time. Almost as good as duct tape. Spiders! There's no end to the uses.
You had me at spiders

Jan 19, 2010
Remote extension for my vhf. After one too many nights arriving at a tiny dark harbor and negotiating the mooring field while trying to avoid an island ferry (if you don’t get out of the way the captian shrugs nonchalantly while he sinks you) and simultaneously running below to radio the dock (and waaaaaiting for a response) to find out what slip I’m in all while maintaining enough headway to not get swept by Maine’s tide onto a ledge or into someone’s pristine Hinckley picnic boat, I asked why am I doing this.

Changed my life.
:thumbup:

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
A little vegetable oil on the back side and your cooking with gas.
Sailkote was my secret sauce on the sledding hill. My kids went further and faster than everyone else (until the other kids asked, and of course I sprayed theirs too :thumbup: ). I was very popular. :)

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Yesterday, mid afternoon. A welcome break from self-isolation. We know how to do snow days up here! Halfway to a 6 inch snowfall.
IMG_2135.jpeg

Jan 19, 2010
It is presently 68F. Expecting a high of 81 today with 11-13 mph wind out of the SSW. I'll be heading to the lake around 3:00 and I will self-isolate on the boat until 9:00-ish or so. :biggrin: