Paceship PY26 Anchor

Jun 12, 2021
Paceship PY26 Herl's Harbor
Have any of you fitted an anchor winch system to the bow of your Paceship -- manual or motorized -- or any other mechanism/method of permanently affixing an anchor? If so, what have you used? I'd like not to have to store my anchor(s) in the interior compartments ... & I'd *really* like not to have to haul them in & out and up & down that hatchway ....

Mine is a 1976 PY26.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Looks like no bow roller….is there an anchor locker up there?

1624223176990.jpeg

I suppose someone could figure out how to mount an anchor roller, but if there is no anchor locker, not sure that the roller would do a lot of good…

Greg

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
What anchor and weight do you have and do you have a rail anchor mount, anchor locker, anchor bow roller and any budget constraints? Would you consider stowing an anchor with chain and rode in a small bag at the bow like in the photo below?

1624230569055.png

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2021
"... you'll have to offer up a complete pictorial tour of your anchor locker and bow."

This is the best shot I have of the bow ... the PY26 as built was devoid of all of the above. ;) I'm starting from scratch. Thanks!

Attachments

Jun 12, 2021
The PY26 was produced w/o any anchor-related accoutrements, as this photo of my bow shows. I'm willing to try *anything*, but I am hoping to find a way to mount the anchor & related hardware such that the only labor involved in dropping or stowing the anchor is operating a manual or mechanical crank. ;)

Attachments

Feb 21, 2013
See post #4......simple. You can install a rail anchor mount for a fluke anchor and you are done.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2021
Yes ... I saw it.

Perhaps you didn't read my original question.

The solution provided doesn't quite match up with what I am trying to achieve. It solves part of the problem, but not quite the way I am hoping to.

Thanks.

Feb 21, 2013
Consider stowing on a rail bracket like the Windline Rail Mount Anchor Bracket Windline Rail Mount Anchor Holder | Wholesale Marine or other suitable bracket. I have used a Windline to stow a spare anchor on my bow rail. Consider a horizontal above deck manual or electric windlass to deploy and retrieve your anchor. You only need to drill holes in the deck for the chain pipe (if you want to stow the chain below deck in the v-berth), wire and thru-bolts. I have a deck-mounted horizontal windlass on 2 boats, albeit it is in combination with a below deck anchor locker.

1624280300968.png

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2021
Consider stowing on a rail bracket like the Windline Rail Mount Anchor Bracket Windline Rail Mount Anchor Holder | Wholesale Marine or other suitable bracket. I have used a Windline to stow a spare anchor on my bow rail. Consider a horizontal above deck manual or electric windlass to deploy and retrieve your anchor. You only need to drill holes in the deck for the chain pipe (if you want to stow the chain below deck in the v-berth), wire and thru-bolts. I have a deck-mounted horizontal windlass on 2 boats, albeit it is in combination with a below deck anchor locker.

View attachment 195470
Thank you. The v-berth box is a good idea; I hadn't even thought of that, but that space behind the wall is just begging to be useful. ;)

Feb 21, 2013
OR mount it on a raised teak base using a stainless steel deck plate as a pattern so there is sufficient height or the rode to fall on the deck vs. in the bow below.

1624283756754.png

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
@Nemo Nusquam
Looking at your bow, you will have an issue locating the bow roller due to the nav lights located on the bow.

You can move the bow Nav lights and create some space. You need about a 4Inch wide space to the side of your bow fore stay. But I would lean towards a manual system and store the anchor on the pulpit.

It looks like you could locate a small electric windlass. Or a small manual windlass on the bow.

Living in Ohio with the boat sailed on the lake following good weather seamanship, I would think you could use a properly sized fortress anchor, 20 ft of chain with 7/16's 3 ply as an anchoring system under most conditions. I would stay in harbor when the storms of November come blowing down from the North.

Good luck