Overboard discharge from deck fill

Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
a. I'd lay odds that the tank got turned. the mid-level vent was supposed to be center top. Someone turned it so that they could use one of the end fittings as a drain, instead of installing a proper drop tube. Could have been Bristol or PO. Flipping the tank back to the proper position and re-piping would have solved most of the problem.

b. Looks like a pump would fit to me.

And I think I would have gone for a larger tank. Different shape.

Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
We have a 20 gal holding tank but soon learned that it was best if my significant other did not put all the paper in the head. We keep a small plastic container next to the head that has a sealable lid. I tend to use the direct deposit system most of the time for liquids. It is just easier and doesn't fill up the holding tank. If it is rough, I have a wide mouthed container so as not to risk a man, with fly opened, overboard situation. I do this even when offshore. Maybe more so. This also eliminates any possiblity of splatter in the head when a wave hits at the wrong time, Steve.
a. Saving liquid often leads to pump-out trouble (too thick, particularly if there is TP).

b. Splatter? I suppose you have never considered sitting down? Odd. That's a house rule if we aren't anchored.

slaume

Feb 21, 2014
Cape Dory 30 C Noank
a. Saving liquid often leads to pump-out trouble (too thick, particularly if there is TP).

b. Splatter? I suppose you have never considered sitting down? Odd. That's a house rule if we aren't anchored.
I have never had a problem with pump out consistency.

Sitting can be a PIA. When I use the head, it sometimes reminds me of one of those mechanical bulls. The seat is off right now because the hinges broke from getting tossed around while seated. If you are wearing foul weather gear it would be quite an ordeal to strip down to the point that you could sit. I just find it simpler to go over the side or into the jug and dump it, Steve.