Outboard Motor Mount on Stern Pushpit - 2005 Hunter 36

Jun 8, 2004
Hunter 49 60803 Lake Erie
Somebody makes a clam on vertical bar that you clam to the rail below and if sticks up into the motor mount to stabilize it. Not sure who makes it but I a buddy how has on on his boat. I'll ask but his answer may be as worthless as my post.

Apr 21, 2014
Hunter 356 Middle River, MD
I have the Tohatsu 6HP 4 stroke mounted just to the starboard side of the pass thru, helps even out the port list. Can stay put even when the dinghy is in the davits.

Mine is looking a little long in the tooth and need to replace this year but am happy where it is.

Jeff

Hunter 356 Outboard Motor Mount.jpg

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Mine is looking a little long in the tooth and need to replace this year but am happy where it is.
Hey hey, that's mine, THAT'S MINE :yikes: !

Well almost. Yours has a "U" bolt at the bottom instead of using the fancy SS 90 deg. fitting. And here I was all set to go into production. Forget early retirement and back to the drawing board I guess.

1620231837958.png

Very impressive teak slats on your stern seats.

Apr 21, 2014
Hey hey, that's mine, THAT'S MINE :yikes: !

Well almost. Yours has a "U" bolt at the bottom instead of using the fancy SS 90 deg. fitting. And here I was all set to go into production. Forget early retirement and back to the drawing board I guess.

View attachment 193739

Very impressive teak slats on your stern seats.
Took off the slats and used Cetol on them, about 5 coats and holding up very well...

U bolt would keep the angle out a little and keep the lower unit away.

Jan 5, 2017
Hunter 356 SF Bay / Delta
Not really. It's that bottom tube that gives it the real muscle to probably hold much more then that.
For sure. I was more referring to the quality of the materials. The metal is starting to rust on mine and the plastic is softer than I would like. But it does the job.

drm1

Sep 13, 2020
Hunter 36 Bayport Yachting Center
Alright, I finished building mine today. A little more complicated than first thought since the lower rail was offset from the top rail. Nothing a 90 degree elbow wouldn't fix though!

Seems very solid though.

Thanks for all the helpful advice everyone!

IMG_2727.jpg
IMG_2730.jpg
IMG_2734.jpg

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Very nice indeed. The offset is short enough that it will still offer some support to the upper horizontal piece.

Apr 21, 2014
Alright, I finished building mine today. A little more complicated than first thought since the lower rail was offset from the top rail. Nothing a 90 degree elbow wouldn't fix though!

Seems very solid though.

Thanks for all the helpful advice everyone!
Looks like you have it on the port side, does the 36 also have a slight list to port ?

drm1

Sep 13, 2020
Looks like you have it on the port side, does the 36 also have a slight list to port ?
I didn’t notice the port list last summer before putting the outboard engine on the push pit. I see from lots of forum posts that a port list is common in the 356 and 36.

I will check it out next weekend and let you know. I may need to swap the bbq (currently on starboard pushpit) and motor mount if that’s the case.

drm1

Sep 13, 2020
A little late responding, but yes it added to my port list. It's 3 degrees :-(

Unfortunately I have a flagpole mount welded to the starboard pushpit which would get in the was of putting the outboard on the mount, so may be an off season fix for me.