Oracle boat with foils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Which is exactly why the San Francisco America's Cup will be competed right on the waterfront, view-able from the shoreline and bleachers placed there. This is going to be like Ben Hur at the Coliseum!
That's great for those who can go to the event. I'd just like to view from where I can, my computer or TV. I'm not a media maven but the audience in the bleachers is maybe several thousand. The potential audience on the internet might be millions. Need I say more?

Jun 6, 2006
currently boatless wishing Harrington Harbor North, MD
how do you go to the head in those things? at 40 knots i'm not going over the side, no way and I don't see there is much room down below for anything like a head or more importantly beer cooler.
guess that is part of "prepping for the race" to dehydrate yourself.

Piotr

Dec 6, 2010
MacGregor 25 Rock Hall, MD
how do you go to the head in those things? at 40 knots i'm not going over the side, no way and I don't see there is much room down below for anything like a head or more importantly beer cooler.
guess that is part of "prepping for the race" to dehydrate yourself.
Two words:" Adult Diaper."

Br3nt

May 14, 2011
C&C 39 San Francisco
That's great for those who can go to the event. I'd just like to view from where I can, my computer or TV. I'm not a media maven but the audience in the bleachers is maybe several thousand. The potential audience on the internet might be millions. Need I say more?
The AC45 "World Series" races were all streamed live on YouTube and are probably still there. Not sure what the plan is for the rest of races but I think NBC is signed on to do some of the coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.