Once a sailor, always a frog

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
I’ve now experienced the best day of my life and the most mixed-emotion day of my life. Palmetto Moon now belongs to someone else.

My (now his) H260 is a terrific boat. It sails well and has a very roomy cockpit. It had everything we ever could have wanted in a boat. Lake Murray Sailing Club has everything we could ever want in a sailing club. But life gets in the way. I sailed it exactly three times this year but pulled it out to clean it four times then cleaned it in its parking place twice after that. This is not why we bought a boat. I’m sure there will be times when we regret selling it. But selling was the right thing to do. The new owner has great plans for upgrades. Things that I have neither the time nor the talent to do. I’m excited for him and the boat.

Although I’m still no expert on anything sailing, I’ll always be happy to share any knowledge and experience I may have.

And I still say the people who disparage water ballast boats have never had one.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Congrats and sad tidings appear to be in order. I am sad the I will never get to see you fly that blue spinnaker with the Palmetto tree sailing proud while your at the helm. Well we will just have to figure something else out when I coming roaming the hills of the Carolinas.

Last edited:
May 1, 2011
Pearson 37 Lusby MD
So sad, Kermie! You need to stop letting life get in the way. Good luck with your future endeavors.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
Congrats and sad tidings appear to be in order. I am sad the I will never get to see you fly that blue spinnaker from the helm. Well we will just have to figure something else out when I coming roaming the hills of the Carolinas.
I still have the spinnaker. It’s really too small for the H260 but I used it anyway. We just need a boat to fly it on.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Kermit has disrupted the cyclical path for a sailboat owner.

The Ski boat, youth - Sailboat, mature wisdom - Trawler, don't want to give up - RV/Camper, I'm done just shoot me - Porch, I got me rocker and what's the other thing?

Nature of things, He is jumping straight to the Camper... It is not going to be long...

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Just now got an email from a former slip-neighbor who sold his C30 a couple years ago. Bought a NICE motor home and traveled the USA for two years. Came home and sold the motorhome . I just now got an email he had thisvery morning accepted the survey and it's a done deal. Normally, I'd congradulate him, but it has a CNG stove that he never mentioned to me. At least between his Annapolis slip and home he passes the CNG refill station at BWI.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
Y’all, the Hotel California Rule is still in effect. I’ll have the same amount of expertise in all things sailing for the rest of my life - if I live that long. You know I’m always happy to share my vast (as in vast emptiness) knowledge of sailing, sailboat systems, repair, maintenance and life in general.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
Pontoon boat? or a sun shade in the back yard? It needs to breath and not be folded up.
The new owner has an H23 for sale. I had my spinnaker made for an H23. If I only wanted an H23 again