Old Man Going West!!

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
We did an 11 lake safari, around the west, a couple of years ago sailing 3 days on Jackson Lake and 4 days on Yellowstone Lake around the last week of August. W
Sounds awesome! I'd love to see your itinerary and highlights and the list of lakes you were on!

PaulK

Dec 1, 2009
Sabre 402 Southport, CT
If your trip is delayed, you might want to try reading. “River Horse” , by William Least-Heat Moon, tells the story of his four month voyage from New York City to the Oregon coast by boat. He goes up and down rivers, takes canals, crosses lakes and meets all sorts of people en route. A good read, though it is by powerboat.

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
Sailing in South Dakota
Apparently, Lewis and Clark Lake is an active sailing lake.

"250 sailboats are docked at Lewis and Clark Lake in Yankton."

"South Dakotans also sail the waters of Lake Oahe, the Missouri at Platte and several Black Hills Lakes."

Looks like there will be a number of good opportunities to sail. I'm sorry I can't recommend anything specific. Have fun.

-Will (Dragonfly)
Just finished talking to marina at Lewis and Clarke. Rentals are powerboats and kayaks etc., no sail.

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
Update: The Yellowstone leg of the trip is cancelled. Although partially reopened this month,many of the multi room lodges,hotels remain closed. As a current reservation holder, I was given a week headstart on rescheduling for next year so I have booked 3 nights in the park in more desirable and diverse accommodations than I had for this year, 3 nights,3 lodges to spread out exploring territory. S.D. is still wide open with a lot to see and do. I've been told the Bison Roundup is still on but public access and events have still to be determined. So I am now researching sail rentals in S.D. possibilities, actually looking pretty thin. Looking forward to Rushmore, Corn Palace and whatever else you guys can tell me about. Cody,Wy. has been moved to next year trip.

Dec 27, 2012
Precision Precision 28 St Augustine
I’ve been to Cody, Jackson hole and Yellowstone. All great places. You will have a great time.