oh. to be 25 again!

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis

you can track him here

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
He is an adventurous fellow. Some real smarts in his boat prep.

:plus: To be 25 again, but I’d like to have the wisdom I’ve acquired. Not sure that is the same. As some of the things I think I know have only come from the mistakes I have made.

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
he's making good time. prolly in sight of Bermuda just now :)

Feb 11, 2017
former Tartan 30 New London, CT area
Hi Peggie - good to hear from you again.
There's no going back - enjoy your memories and make new and different ones.
Sold the big boat, am currently sailing radio control boats - no problems with heads and holding tanks! Current worry is batteries - what chemistry? what capacity? Just finished a 2 day regatta in Stowe, VT. I'd get to the weather mark with the leaders, and they'd leave me downwind - suspect too much battery capacity (and weight). Always new challenges.
Best..
Al Schober

Jun 25, 2004
Hunter 306 Pasadena MD
Yep: I've followed him for some time, on and off. I recall one particular video where he's kind of musing to himself in the midst of some technical difficulties: "Everything breaks, everything breaks, everything breaks...". But he's such an incredibly up-beat guy, just about everyone who sees his videos admires him (myself included!). Among the best of the sailing blogs!

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Hi Peggie - good to hear from you again.
Hi Al...good to connect with you again...it's been a while! RC boats may not have heads and holding tanks, but they have other creative ways to drive you crazy and eat money! :) I was delighted with all the time and additional disposable income I had after I sold my boat. Then I decided to start playing golf again...

--Peggie

Phil

Feb 11, 2017
Morris Annie Haleiwa, HI
I've been following him for a bit. He definitely found some of the great spots to check out in Hawaii. He missed a few as well, but that's OK. I love his attitude and style.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
I was just told to look this guy up yesterday from a guy in the marine. With my memory, I was sitting here a few minutes ago trying to remember his name! Perfect timing!

dj

Dec 1, 2017
ODay 30 0000 Colonial Beach, VA
Yep, Sam is quite an inspiration even for those of us a tad past 70 or so... he made it to Bermuda and said he didn't have to tack even once... :)

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
But if you start early enough, you can go around the globe more than once. I'd be happy with just once.

-Will
Any rational person would likely take you on as crew. Even if you could only do it in stages due to other.commitments. "Go soon, young at heart man go soon".

Your interests would likely make for a lot of YouTube subscribers. Maybe that would interest.

My wife and family commitments are holding me back. I wanted to set sail 35 years ago. If i wasnt sure I'd likely be divorced when i got back, I'd leave on a smaller boat like Sam is doing.

She likes sailing but seems to love working more ! :(

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
My wife and family commitments are holding me back. I wanted to set sail 35 years ago. If i wasnt sure I'd likely be divorced when i got back, I'd leave on a smaller boat like Sam is doing.
:plus:

I've been thinking about doing it in Dragonfly, ever since I first saw her on the side of the road with a for sale sign on her. But then, I think about a lot of things that aren't real. Never know, though.

-Will