OEM Pearson Graphics

LouR

Dec 19, 2010
Pearson 33-2 Wing-keel NJ
I am trying to find someone who sells the original cove stripe graphics for a Pearson 33-2. I know that it was a thick blue stripe with a thin one above & below it. Hopefully I can find it all on the same backing paper. I also wanted the Pearson 33 letters that go at the aft end of the stripes. Any thoughts?

Ariel

Feb 1, 2006
Pearson 36-2 Houston, TX / Rock Hall, MD
I looked for several years and did not find a vendor for the stripe. Finaly contacted a man that made vinyl names for boats and he made and installed the stripe. He could only make eight foot long strips but you cannot see the seams after they were in place. It has been five years now and they have not shrunk to open up a seam. He produced all three strips on the same sheet and pealed off the backing paper after it was in place. If I remember right it was around $200 installed. The stripe is very easy to remove and install. When placing it, wipe the area with soapy water and you can move the vinyl around untill it is in place and then press it down. When the water dries it is glued on. He made two exter sections just in case I needed to repair it in the future.

I have an aversion to builders names all over the boat so I removed the Pearson name and replaced it with a picture of "Ariel" the spirit in Shakespears play "The Tempest" that I named the boat after. The picture is of the old stripe with the end "rounded". Note, Ariel is always chasing the sun.

Dave
s/v ARIEL

Attachments

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
I was able to get exact matches of the stripes from a vendor in Florida...... I will have to go to the boat to get the name of the company. Came in 50 foot lengths... Was easy to put right on top of where the old stripes were as the gel coat was a different color (protected from sun).

LouR

Dec 19, 2010
Were you ever able to locate the vendor's contact info?

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Sorry I drifted into real life and forgot to look. Will get today and post later tonight.

TLW

Jan 15, 2013
Oday 31 Whitehall, MI
I believe these are available as standard design manufactured by 3M and/or Avery. 150' rolls, pre-masked, about $60.00. Check with local graphics retailer (vinyl sign guys) or art supply, or Google "vinyl striping." I have purchased it for other boats. (Precision, Hunter, others) These products are used by the original boat manufacturers.

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
myboatsign.com was the site I bought from. Made name as well. Stuff went on and still looks great 6 years later.

Good Luck and sorry for the delay.

Sep 27, 2011
Pearson 33-2 Herrington Harbor South
I know where you can find the "PEARSON 33" artwork. Contact me directly if you'd like me to send you in the right direction.

Chris

LouR

Dec 19, 2010
I know where you can find the "PEARSON 33" artwork. Contact me directly if you'd like me to send you in the right direction.

Chris
I am finally getting around to getting the graphic...Can you tell me where you got it from?

Thanks

jrezab

Sep 2, 2011
Pearson 303 New Bern
Pearson Graphics

I am trying to find someone who sells the original cove stripe graphics for a Pearson 33-2. I know that it was a thick blue stripe with a thin one above & below it. Hopefully I can find it all on the same backing paper. I also wanted the Pearson 33 letters that go at the aft end of the stripes. Any thoughts?
I have a 1986 Pearson 303. I was not able to find the graphic striping which is the same on the Pearson 33-2. I finally end up buying 1/4 " and 1" rolls of a dark blue which is very close in color to the original striping. It is very time consuming measuring and applying the 2 strips of 1/4" and the center 1" strip but is looks great after I finished. I think I bought it from West Marine. I know this is not exactly what you wanted to hear but I hope it helps as an alternative.

Jerry (Windy City)

Aug 2, 2009
Catalina 315 Muskegon
I agree with getting vinyl striping in rolls as already suggested. I re-striped my 1996 Catalina 28 this spring. I went with a navy 1" stripe over a gray 1" stripe, which mimics a new Catalina, and it came out looking better than new. All stripes were done in one piece. Cannot over-stress the importance of carefully marking where the stripes will go, and being careful in your technique.

A couple years ago, I restriped a Precision 23, and had the name graphic redone by:
http://doityourselflettering.com
You can't simply have them send you a Pearson logo, but they have an extremely easy to use interface for designing graphics. I found a good example of a Precision logo online, and re-created it by picking a similar font, putting a slant on it, and putting a little bit of a silver/gray shadow on the letters. Looked better than new. Their prices are excellent, as is their customer service. I've used them several times.