odd engine stutter / bogged down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 25, 2008
catalina 310 Elk River
So, I assume you have done your homework and verified with a meter that there is in fact +12v going to the pump, but you still don't hear the clicking when the key is in the spring loaded position, or on depending on how it is wired.

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
iSailor

The pictures ............I think this will help.

I don't recommend which way to solve your problem but just how I solved mine.

The pink reset button is for Ray.

paulj :troll:

Attachments

pk104

Jun 30, 2009
Catalina 310 Atwood Lake
I bought my fuel pump from X Amishman who services Kabota generators on amish farms. $50. Same guy taught me how to fill up the fuel filters after they are changed. Simply pull the positive lead from the fuel pump out of the blade connector and hold it on the positive side of the solenoid which is beside the pump. Works great and you can do it without help.

Oct 17, 2011
Catalina 310 USA
well, we had the problem return. Motor for 1 hour (no issues), sailed for a while, then after motoring about 45 minutes the engine bogged down again and almost stalled out. Did this several times on the way back to the dock and just barely got 2 knots out of it. After we tied up, we tried to re-create the problem and could not. It ran fine, even put it under load while tied up.

This was with a full tank of gas, new fuel filters, air filter looks fine.

any thoughts?

Dec 25, 2008
catalina 310 Elk River
pickup tube in tank? Not sure if there is a screen on it. Maybe you're sucking air somehow when healed over?

Status
Not open for further replies.