O'day 28 traveller car

Jul 15, 2014
Oday 23 Hyannis MA
I purchased a 1983 28 and the main sheet traveler car is broken. I am 900 miles away from the boat and wonder if anyone knows the original spec for the traveler so I can order a car and be ready to replace it when I get to the boat next week. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

TC

Aug 28, 2015
Oday 28 St Joseph, MI
If it's the original Schaefer traveller track it is one inch wide and one eighth inch thick. I just received the nylon inserts to the car from them. Give them a call, they're very helpful.
Their number is (508) 995-9511.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2014
Oday 23 Hyannis MA
That is great information. I will be on the phone with them at 9a tomorrow. Thank you...

TC

Jul 15, 2014
Oday 23 Hyannis MA
So I spoke with Schaefer today but they have no cars to fit original 80s equip. I have two possibilities in Anapolis that I will follow up on next week when I'm in the area. Anyone know any other salvage dealers? Thanks... TC

Jul 15, 2014
Oday 23 Hyannis MA
As a final follow up to the broken car dilemma, it turns out the damaged car was from a Harken traveller system that had been added to the boat by a previous owner at some point. After scouring the eastern seaboard for a replacement car with no success, the solution solution turned out to be a repair kit from Harken that included 2 new plastic end caps for the car, new ball bearings and a pretty interesting ball bearing loader. The repair was easy and the cost was under $75.